Welcome To aBlackWeb

Negative Black imagery: In advertising

This. Noticed this about a year or two ago. Sometimes with the white father and his mixed child.

Last time you seen it the other way around was that cheerios commercial and white people had a fit.
Interracial couples do exist though. Nothing negative about them. I see plenty of none interracial commercials too. Only racist whites should have any issue with those commercials though "shrugs".

I used to wonder why blacks are always dancing in ads too. Then I started riding public transportation. Black people are always dancing everywhere. We just got to accept that.

There's an obvious lack of positve black male portrayals in everything from commercials to tv shows to movies.

And when you see interracials couple,, its almost always a black woman and a white man. We're purposely being left out of certain imagery.

I was watching blackish the other day and was turned off from it tho I hadnt watched it in a long time anyway. All the men on the show are idiots.

Was watching the chi. Still love the show, but again, most of the men (main characters) aint got their shit together and are depending on women to take care of them in some form.

Late af but Im binge watching z nation now. Kelitta thick ass got over her black husband real fast while all the white women refusing to leave theirs zombie or not (at least so far, only on season 3)

If you didnt know black men in real life youd think we're all criminals and idiots.

So this commercial came on just now. I never really paid attention to it before now, but it interrupted Rick and Morty so... yeah.

There's two problems with this commercial that hit me:

1. The majority of "high risk" people speaking are "of color", of which the majority are Black with unidentifiable hispanics being the second. There's only one white person in the commercial.
2. The Black woman that leads into the commercial is portrayed as being heterosexual. She has a Black man, whom you can see at 1:04.

The shit was so slick I didn't notice it until today. Aside from the obvious, making it out that gays of color are the people spreading HIV, throwing a Black heterosexual couple into the mix is a low-down way of blaming straight Black men and women for spreading the disease.

@Goldie

aKmPs5CR.png

what gives?

Back