Welcome To aBlackWeb

NBA Offseason thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoutout to mcgruder finally getting paid after clawing his way into the league

Him SGA and Pat bev are gonna be suffocating on D nh

Rod man gets paid

Get this Tommy Sheppard dude the fuck outta here. Dude out here making Ernie Grunfeld moves

What moves could they really make when them bloated contracts of Westbrook and Paul George? They did try to dangle Steven Adams but nothing happened

I figured Presti "Da Gawd" would've gotten creative with Adams or Schroeder in a deal or something.

lol these niggas really seem to be waiting on Robinson to come back and save the day.

As is I think they'll be fighting for 8th all season and may not even make it.

I want to say OKC should he middle of the pack next season.

I dont expect Westbrook to have a season as bad as the last one and I'm hoping PG could replicate what he did last season minus the injury (cause im a PG fan other than that fuck OKC)

But even then the West got so much better so idk. The West this year could be close to how it was in I think 2014 where the 8th seed had 50 wins and 9th seed was a few games above 500

Then there is the pesky issue of state taxes. California does not allow a credit for taxes paid to foreign countries or provinces, so Leonard would be on the hook for California taxes on 100% of his income. Those taxes on his Raptors income would amount to $4,871,000. All told, his net annual income with the Raptors would be $14,618,000, or $58,472,000 total over the first four years of the contract.
If he signs with the Lakers, Leonard will only pay US and California taxes, along with jock taxes for which he will receive credits on his California return. On an average annual salary of $35,152,500, he will pay the US and California roughly $17,681,000, netting $17,471,500 after taxes. He would net $69,886,000 over the four years.
During the first four years after signing his max contract, Leonard will pocket an extra $11,414,000 by signing with the Lakers than he would signing with the Raptors.
It was a dream year for the Raptors, who are still a solid team. But when they make their run next season, it will be without Kawhi Leonard.
- Forbes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back