Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED NBA Draft 2024

Added to Calendar: 06-26-24, 06-27-24

test
But he WILL be playing. Against pros. LITERALLY every single day. It’s called practice.

And workouts with pro coaches.

And he was a McDonald’s All - American. That’s not unheralded. That’s the MOST heralded 24 players. So I dunno what you mean by that.

He has no pedigree?

I’m…I’m confused.

Lol, what's more important? Playing a star role, on an actual team, being coached to actually perform...

Or role playing in practice and being in the G league.

He was a 4 star recruit.

McDonalds All American teams don't mean nothing.

Mikey Williams was a better HS player than Bronny and he didn't make it that year.

Bronny's entire basketball career has been a mirage and trying to make him appear better than he is.

The most contentious second-round prospect in NBA history is officially off the board. The Los Angeles Lakers spilled the league's worst-kept secret when the franchise made Bronny James the 55th selection in the 2024 draft.

Now it's time for critics and uninformed loudmouths to lay off the kid.

Had LeBron James' son been selected in the first round, thereby robbing a more deserving youngster of his chance at a guaranteed two-year contract (plus two additional option years), I'd understand the gripe. But spare me the outrage over a late second-rounder.

Over the years, teams looking to save money and preserve flexibility have used countless second-round picks to draft and stash international players they sometimes know will never sniff the NBA. I don't remember anyone complaining that those selections could've been used on more legitimate NBA prospects.

A 2019 study by the Sports Analytics Group at Berkeley found that roughly one-fifth of second-round picks drafted in the previous 5-10 years were still in the league. Looking at the 55th pick specifically, besides Oklahoma City Thunder revelation Aaron Wiggins, the other nine players drafted in that spot since 2014 have averaged 20.2 games in the Association. Only seven players drafted 55th or later in the 21st century have appeared in 300 games.

The chances are always slim that a player drafted as late as Bronny can carve out an NBA career. He isn't the worst player whose name has been called in the second round. Heck, plenty of first-round busts were probably worse ballers than LeBron's son. But they weren't LeBron's son, which is obviously where all of this vitriol is rooted.

Lol, what's more important? Playing a star role, on an actual team, being coached to actually perform...

Or role playing in practice and being in the G league.

For Bronny? Being a role player in practice and playing in the G-League would help him develop has a player FAR better and FAR faster than being a star on a college team.

Black nepotism?

giphy.gif

shout out to Bronny for getting into the nba and a chance to play with his father - looking forward to seeing it

Back