Welcome To aBlackWeb

Video Nas Says He Wants Rappers From His Era To Start Dropping Albums "I Don't Wanna Hear No Trends, I Want To Hear Art"!

Lol at
Its never talked about but hearing Tragedy Khadafis(Intelligent Hoodlum in those days) influence in a young Nas is always crazy.

Nas always gives credit Kool G and Rakim for influencing him, but to me he sounds like Tragedys copy.

Im glad Nas developed into his own and had his own style by the time Illmatic dropped. But early Nas owes alot to Tragedy imo
thats cuz Tragedy grew up to be a scam artist lmao everybody from Queens seems to have a story of Tragedy Khadafi scamming them

Lol at

thats cuz Tragedy grew up to be a scam artist lmao everybody from Queens seems to have a story of Tragedy Khadafi scamming them
Lmaoooo. 100%

I aint saying Tragedy a good dude. Everyone got a story bout dude.

Just saying he musically influenced Nas as a youngin. Young Nas sounds more like tragedy than anyone else and thats by far.

Ignoring the obvious trolls here, Nas is right. I would love to hear older artists put more effort into their newer releases. Guys like T.I., 3K, Busta, and Ghostface still have that appeal out there for a market that's been dumbed down by wack shit.
I listened to KRS-One's most recent album earlier this year. I'm like damn he still spittin. Only thing was lacking was the production.
I'm all for these older dudes to make more music. A lot of these artists we got accustomed to so early in our lives, we were teenagers or younger.
I'm 41 now and I'll still check for a 80s or 90s artist.

Back