Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Nas - Nasir Album Thread

Rate "Nasir"

• Total voters
I'd have to agree. Jay has always surrounded himself w the best producers for his albums. However LIG production better than any Jay album since Blueprint 1
4:44 is a masterpiece production wise b

It slow burned fr fr. The 4:44 track is flawless

Summer on Smash was an accident and I blame Def Jam for leaving it to be pressed

Escobar Season Has Returned!

My nigga... Finally though

The Gawd has blessed us and listened to our prayers

tenor.gif

Iono, man. That's a REALLY close call. Like a hair's breadth away from each other. I was listening to AG today and was marvelling at how dope the production is and how sharp Jay's flow was. (I deleted HB from the tracklist and my memory bank a long time ago.)

I need to give LIG a spin again and see what's up
Do that and come back.

I had no problem with summer on smash but if that joint jay jada and x was suppose to be on there we got cheated. It could've at least been on the delux version
That's the thing, it didn't fit Nas OR the album at all

Swizz and Miguel did they thing but it shouldn't have been Nas as the main artist
Therefore it shouldn't have been on LIG

this is low key some high school shit...No ID who used to mess w Kanye and lace Nas gives Jay a near classic......Ye who used to bless Jay but is no longer cool w him is now working w NAs...niggas dating each other exes and shit lol nh

The whole logic about NaS and his production on his albums is just thin air...

Since he joined Def Jam in '06 he's worked with some of the biggest producers in Hiphop... His last album had No ID manning the boards on half the album

The same guy who manned Jay-Z' s last album that was hailed a "classic"

Is it different strokes for different folk?

Hes had big names producers, but he doesnt always pick the best of beats from those big names lol. I like a lot of the beats nas raps on, but i also dislike a lot of them. Makes me wonder if theres something wrong with his ears, or if dudes budget just couldnt afford the super dope beats. Or maybe by the time he got to work with those dope producers they had already sold off a lot of their fire beats and didnt have the best selection for him.

Back