FEATURED Nas' Mass Appeal Accused of Racial Discrimination In Lawsuit

test

Goldie

and Baka's got a weird case, why is he around??
Site Owner
Jan 14, 2017
The Burbs

Nas‘ Mass Appeal imprint has come under fire after a high-ranking former employee accused the company of racial discrimination in a new lawsuit.

According to Hollywood Reporter, former head of development Melissa Cooper filed suit against the multimedia company in a Manhattan court on Tuesday (October 17). Cooper, a white woman, alleges she was the victim of “venomous and racist comments about ‘white folk’ and ‘crackers,’” and was eventually fired.

Among the claims in her filing, Cooper said some of the racist commentary happened while working on the Freaknik documentary that’s set to air on Hulu in 2024. Jenya Meggs, a Black woman who is the senior vice president for partnerships and content acquisition at Mass Appeal, was allegedly upset she wasn’t on the doc while Cooper was, and allegedly texted an executive producer it was “usual white folk behavior.”

Cooper alleges things eventually got hostile between her and Meggs and as a result, Cooper was removed from projects by Peter Bittenbender, the company’s chief executive – who is white.

“Bittenbender removed Cooper from a number of projects, including Mass Appeal’s Hip Hop 50 Live concert at Yankee Stadium planned for August 11, 2023,” the suit reads. “Cooper’s removal from this important project, along with others Meggs was staffed on, effectively stripped Cooper of her primary role at Mass Appeal.”

Eventually, Cooper was let go in June, and she alleges that no investigation into her claims of racial discrimination were conducted.

Nas is not specifically named as a defendant. HipHopDX has reached out to Mass Appeal for comment.

If she has texts, she wins

But I’m almost certain she has some how “forgot and deleted them” on accident or something

Just say whoever said it was reciting rap lyrics.

The burden is going to be on her. Because she is white, and suing for racial discrimination she'll be held to a higher standard to prove it.

Unless she has emails and or texts that mentions cracka ass crackas for example she gon catch an L

And as also mentioned in this thread as a defense is "I was just reciting rap lyrics..." Boom done crying-break-down.gif

The burden is going to be on her. Because she is white, and suing for racial discrimination she'll be held to a higher standard to prove it.

Unless she has emails and or texts that mentions cracka ass crackas for example she gon catch an L

And as also mentioned in this thread as a defense is "I was just reciting rap lyrics..." Boom doneView attachment 1197131

White people suing for racial discrimination had been a rising trend for about a decade... and the reporting suggests that courts have been ruling in their favor... as they always do

Part of the historic American cycle of backlash to (illusory) Black "progress"

White people suing for racial discrimination had been a rising trend for about a decade... and the reporting suggests that courts have been ruling in their favor... as they always do

Part of the historic American cycle of backlash to (illusory) Black "progress"

If this were filed in for example Kentucky, maybe.

But no this lawsuit was filed in liberal NY, therefore I'll stand on my take

Reactions: onetoughmiracle