Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Nas - Magic

Magic

• Total voters
HITBOY produced Clique, Somewhere In America, The Blinding. Those are 3 completely different beats. Jay killed all 3 of those beats.

I wish Nas picked those different kinds of beats more often to mix in with his love of boom bap.
Nas would never pick those kind of beats, it doesn't mesh with his personality with creating music

This is hip hop. It's a lot of sweat, it's big demand expectation, it's hard. Hip hop is a sport, plus it's a profession. I have never seen so many lose their lives for such a thing. Everyone wants to be the best and everyone has their favorites. This is hip hop.

Everyone is arguing about who has the best verse, best album, best discography, best legacy, everything. Swag. Money. Label. Hood.

This is Nas. Artist of the year (2021), Album of the year 2021, (2X)

@Scandalust313 @AZTG @Everyone. What we say about this album being for day ones???

"We started working on Magic right after KD2 came out, King's Disease II. I just was just inspired, man," said Hit-Boy. "I had the vision for where to take the album, as far as just kind of... Man, it's crazy because I was trying not to be super obvious on King's Disease and King's Disease II, that's why you got songs like 'Spicy,' '27 Summers.' You got songs like 'YKTV' in the mix, and it's because I was trying to keep some of his essence, but still give him a new flare aesthetically. You know what I'm saying? Musically. But this one, I said, 'F*ck it. I'm going to just give these motherf*ckers what they want. I'm going to just give them the most Nas-level beats I can.' I usually don't want to be so obvious and be like, 'Oh, I have to make a Nas beat.' This one, I said, 'Cool, this what y'all want? I'm about to give this sh*t to y'all,' and it's been the biggest reception so far. And this was probably the easiest for us to make because it was just Nas music. You know what I'm saying?

@Scandalust313 @AZTG @Everyone. What we say about this album being for day ones???

"We started working on Magic right after KD2 came out, King's Disease II. I just was just inspired, man," said Hit-Boy. "I had the vision for where to take the album, as far as just kind of... Man, it's crazy because I was trying not to be super obvious on King's Disease and King's Disease II, that's why you got songs like 'Spicy,' '27 Summers.' You got songs like 'YKTV' in the mix, and it's because I was trying to keep some of his essence, but still give him a new flare aesthetically. You know what I'm saying? Musically. But this one, I said, 'F*ck it. I'm going to just give these motherf*ckers what they want. I'm going to just give them the most Nas-level beats I can.' I usually don't want to be so obvious and be like, 'Oh, I have to make a Nas beat.' This one, I said, 'Cool, this what y'all want? I'm about to give this sh*t to y'all,' and it's been the biggest reception so far. And this was probably the easiest for us to make because it was just Nas music. You know what I'm saying?

Shit was obvious. Dope to see it confirmed

You betta tell em bout it, HB

I been waiting on their's and Rolling Stone review

Not that I think I'll agree, but itets me know just how outta touch mainstream publications are to the culture

Back