Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Nas - Magic 2

Walking into work tomorrow like this blasting Ervin Magic Johnson

nas-good.gif

Shit better chart on Billboard

My question is how does he transition back to other producers? Its gonna awkward for niggas tryna live up to what Hit has done
Gotta be a great honor for Hit Boy man. Nas a whole legend and is trusting you with all this shit. They have great chemistry. Fuck it, this can be like a modern day Eric B and Rakim where the Producer and Rapper work exclusively. Shit tbh as a producer we deserve more respect anyway. Hope shit goes back to the old days like when the DJs were just as respected as the rapper.

Thoughts after the first run through… these two just can’t go wrong together. The beats are dope, Nas shows no slowdown whatsoever. Dude sounds the same as he did 20 years ago. Flow is unfuckwitable. Only complaints, I wish 50 had a full verse. I wish there was one or two more tracks to counter the addition of One gun, One Mic as a “bonus”. I need to listen to it in the truck to give it a real rating but damn they did it again.

Just pressed play

Had to pause to say this on Office Hours to say …. This nigga Hit Boy so I’m the pocket right now that he bypassed that fire sample at the beginning of Office Hours then the main beat is fire too

Aite I’ll be back

Aight just heard the project.

Imma be honest. Nas is always gonna be Nas and rap on a top tier level. There’s no question there.

But…I dunno man. This album feels like a lot more of the same. Outta this whole run of 5 albums, I think KD3 is best. I don’t think there’s anything particularly special about Magic 2. I kinda feel like maybe it’s Nas/hit-boy fatigue like superhero movie fatigue. To me, these songs are all interchangeable on any of these albums. If you put them all on shuffle, I wouldn’t know what song belonged to what album.

Some of these beats just don’t sound like they fit Nas so they just come across as a collection of songs with Nas on em. Slow it Down is tough because it sounds like a Nas song. But a lot of these other shits? Eh.

Back