Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Nas - King's Disease

King's Disease:

Results are only viewable after voting.
Damn, no matter how many times I listen to this album, I just can't like it. I hate that shit. There are only so many Hip Hop artists I listen to and only so many albums I check for. These days it really sucks when I'm not feeling one of them.
I went thru a phase somewhere around 2011/2012 (think Drake/Khaled - I'm On One era) where I had to take a long break from new/current rap for like the next 4-5 yrs aside from select fav artists. I missed a lot but it's dope rediscovering.

I have to say since then I been bumping older shit (especially r&b) and the new shit is MUCH HARDER to stick w me even if first couple listens got me lit. Personally this nas album I fw heavy bc I grew up on his music.

I say that to say u washed fam. Embrace it.

I went thru a phase somewhere around 2011/2012 (think Drake/Khaled - I'm On One era) where I had to take a long break from new/current rap for like the next 4-5 yrs aside from select fav artists. I missed a lot but it's dope rediscovering.

I have to say since then I been bumping older shit (especially r&b) and the new shit is MUCH HARDER to stick w me even if first couple listens got me lit. Personally this nas album I fw heavy bc I grew up on his music.

This been me for years now.

Idgaf how dope a mfer is, if he came out after I was 25, im not feeling it.

Washed up like a mfer

This been me for years now.

Idgaf how dope a mfer is, if he came out after I was 25, im not feeling it.

Washed up like a mfer

I went through a stage like that circa 92/93. There wasn't really anything coming out of the East Coast and the West was in the middle of a takeover. I liked some of Dre and Snoop's stuff but I didn't consider The Chronic a 5 Mic classic like some people. When 36 Chambers, Midnight Marauders and eventually The Sun Rises In The East, Hard To Earn and Illmatic dropped I started getting back into Hip Hop. during that time period I was making beats and I started collecting Soul and Jazz albums. That's around the time I got into John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Charles Mingus, Thelonious Monk, etc.

Then I stopped listening again circa 2005. I don't know if the Southern takeover had anything to do with it but I've probably listened to a total of 15-20 Hip Hop albums since 2010. Maybe less.

My guy I work with felt the same about the nas ( not feeling it), i just let him rock rather than try to convince him how dope this lp is. But I also keep in mind I'm bias especially with my top tier artist. I kinda felt like the album was just OK until my 7th listen after that I was sold the l album is dope

lol I been embraced that. That's why I be feenin' for shit from the artists I actually do like.

Back