Welcome To aBlackWeb

Nas & Jadakiss Ghostwriting

I remember in a Genius interview with The Lox talking about "You'll see" Niggas in the comments said Jadakiss wrote some of Sheek raps cause he couldn't remember a 20+ y/o verse.

Getting jiggy with it

For real? This ghostwriting case has been rumoured and debated for years, but the fact is that Nas is credited as a writer on the track under Nasir Jones. In a 2014 reddit AMA, the Queensbridge rapper also said “I hung out with Will in the studio. And watched him write it. It was a fun studio session, and I said a line or two or three to him. It wasn’t that serious” – which sounds like Nas downplaying his involvement due to his respect for Will Smith. In an interview with Hot 97, Nas’ former manage, Steve Stoute confirmed that Nas had contributed to “Gettin’ Jiggy wit It.”

Steve Stoute: Will had a couple people write for him. But when we really needed to finish that thing up, we brought Nas in. He’d write some of it, then he’d hate himself, then he’d keep writing. I was like, ‘Nas, there’s publishing money in this. This is a real thing. Just don’t listen to the gettin’ jiggy with it part, listen to the rest’

Jadakiss says Nas wrote Miami aswell

Last edited:
Kanye West wrote Jay Z lucifer. Some parts

Consequence wrote like 4 songs on 808 heartbreak album

Rhymefest wrote Jesus walks

Kanye West wrote Jay Z lucifer. Some parts

Consequence wrote like 4 songs on 808 heartbreak album

Rhymefest wrote Jesus walks

The hook and the "man I gotta get my soul right" parts were there but Jay did his own verses. They show this in concert movie about The Black Album when Ye first plays him the beat

The hook and the "man I gotta get my soul right" parts were there but Jay did his own verses. They show this in concert movie about The Black Album when Ye first plays him the beat

And THIS is why seeing a niggas name in the 'written by' credits doesn't necessarily means that he had a ghostwriter. For certain people, most of the time if another nigga is listed, it's because that nigga wrote the hook. Or the bridge. Or gave a suggestion on some 'Oh, that's fly. But instead of saying 'You gon' run from the bullets' at the end of verse 3, try saying 'You gon' run when I pull it'.' type shit.

It's pretty clear when niggas ACTUALLY have ghost writers for an entire song or verse and when they don't.

Back