Welcome To aBlackWeb

Infamous114

305 🇳🇮
Mod Squad
DiZCefiWAAEAcyq.jpg

After three seasons of exploring the cocaine war in Colombia in both the pre- and post-Pablo Escobar world, Narcos underwent a reset for its fourth season to explore the origins of its next threat in the drug war: Mexico's Guadalajara cartel. The cartel series moved production to Mexico City, suffering the death of a location scout in the process, and brought in new stars Michael Pena and Diego Luna as leads. The announcement marked the end of main character Javier Pena's story — and a phasing out for leading man Pedro Pascal.

Now Netflix has confirmed that the series is officially reseting as Narcos: Mexico and will launch as a new original series later this year. According to the streamer, Narcos: Mexico will explore the origins of the modern drug war by going back to its roots, beginning at a time when the Mexican trafficking world was a loose and disorganized confederation of independent growers and dealers.

The rebooted series will chart the rise of the Guadalajara Cartel in the 1980s as Felix Gallardo (Luna) takes the helm, unifying traffickers in order to build an empire. When DEA agent Kiki Camarena (Pena) moves his wife and young son from California to Guadalajara to take on a new post, he quickly learns that his assignment will be more challenging than he ever could have imagined. As Kiki garners intelligence on Felix and becomes more entangled in his mission, a tragic chain of events unfold, affecting the drug trade and the war against it for years to come.

Kiki is described as a family man and an undercover DEA agent who garnered valuable intel through a series of informants around Felix and his newly minted Guadalajara cartel, but who quickly realizes that he has underestimated the sophistication of Gallardo's system.

Felix, the leader of the Guadalajara cartel, is one of the biggest narcos in the history of Mexico and the founder of the modern Mexican drug trade. He is described as quiet but bold, inscrutable but sharp-minded, and a benevolent leader who is loyal to his friends, associates and employees — but whose ambition comes before all else.

michaelpena.jpg

diegoluna.jpg

Last edited:
i'm just fucking with you

but i'll think about it

i think there are certain shows that are better contained in one catch all thread b/c there is often covnos that happen across seasons that reference seasons prior and i think its cool to see the timeline in which the character and stories change and how you might feel about someone in the first season then compare them to how you feel about them by the series end.

Back