N1GGER VS N1GGA: Is there really a difference

IP360

Doctorate & Ph.D in Bootyology
Jan 22, 2017
Fucc it, let's discuss this. After watching them talk about it on NBA Countdown tonite, and seeing Mike and Jalen's response vs Stage Steele (they also talked about the term "massa"), I had make a thread.

Plus it's always good to have a dialog about race, racial terms, and culture. What are your thoughts ABW?

In my opinion...there is a difference.

For me when it comes to "nigger", there's only ONE meaning behind that. A flat out negative racial slur, created by wypipo. That's it.

Now "nigga" is what we took from that slur, and flipped it into something that has multiple meanings behind it. It all depends on the context of how you use it. Which is why I understand why alot feel like no other race (aside from PR, Dominican, and other Latin races) should use it.

For them they see it as a fad. Something cool to say to be "down". For us, it's cultural. We understand the history behind it. We can tell the difference in context when it's being used.

That's just my 2 cents tho.

The word nigger hurts my ears. Nigga is fine if said by the right person. When white people say nigga it bothers me. Not because its a racial slur bit because when they say it like that i just feel theyre a little too comfortable. Eminem doesn't use it and he's a rapper. He's smarter than that.

Really both versions could go away and I wouldn't be too bothered. I like the terms bruh or brother better lol. Maybe that'll catch on.

yeah...

Its something about that -er on the end that seems to stir up the soul of a black person...its like that -er makes you feel all the pain our people have endured in this fucking country since the first slave ship of stolen africans in 1619

and on the flip side

nigga has little to no effect at all...id even venture to say depending on how we use it it makes one feel loved and a sense of belonging

its wierd

My thoughts are white people shouldn't be using either:sayword:

The word nigger hurts my ears. Nigga is fine if said by the right person. When white people say nigga it bothers me. Not because its a racial slur bit because when they say it like that i just feel theyre a little too comfortable. Eminem doesn't use it and he's a rapper. He's smarter than that.

Really both versions could go away and I wouldn't be too bothered. I like the terms bruh or brother better lol. Maybe that'll catch on.
My friends and I always use brother

Reactions: Golden
Sorry I'm late to the convo.. just made it back from vacation.

So I have a problem with black ppl calling me nigga. I only use the term with ppl I grew up with or close friends. I don't call other black ppl nigga cause I don't know them like that. I think it's disrespectful.

Sorry I'm late to the convo.. just made it back from vacation.

So I have a problem with black ppl calling me nigga. I only use the term with ppl I grew up with or close friends. I don't call other black ppl nigga cause I don't know them like that. I think it's disrespectful.
It's like calling some random lady your mama right lol

The word nigger hurts my ears. Nigga is fine if said by the right person. Really both versions could go away and I wouldn't be too bothered. I like the terms bruh or brother better lol. Maybe that'll catch on.

Agreed

Reactions: Golden