Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW MultiVersus (Warner Bros Smash Brothers)

Let me guess

beta in July

game drops in September with season 1 pass

DLC characters coming once every 3 months

game mentioned maybe in passing once or twice by next july

lol not even being contrary

I just hate the season pass DLC model

buy a game and then wait until next year to have 8 new characters

I never really understand when people make this complaint. I can only guess that some of the people that make it are just young and don't actually remember what gaming was like before DLC.

Before DLC, we got like 8 versions of Street Fighter II. Why? Because there was no DLC. So when the developers thought "Hey, we should balance the boos characters and make them playable." Their answer was to drop Street Fighter II Championship Edition as a new game and charge full price for it. Even if you ignore Capcom's egregious practices, when you look back in the past sequels to fighting games usually weren't much more extensive than what we get from a DLC patch nowadays. So the DLC model is much better than what we had before.

I never really understand when people make this complaint. I can only guess that some of the people that make it are just young and don't actually remember what gaming was like before DLC.

Before DLC, we got like 8 versions of Street Fighter II. Why? Because there was no DLC. So when the developers thought "Hey, we should balance the boos characters and make them playable." Their answer was to drop Street Fighter II Championship Edition as a new game and charge full price for it. Even if you ignore Capcom's egregious practices, when you look back in the past sequels to fighting games usually weren't much more extensive than what we get from a DLC patch nowadays. So the DLC model is much better than what we had before.
While that’s true

From the perspective of playing fighting games non competitively, buying a deluxe edition of a game in January 2022 that has the season pass included for $90 is wild

Season 1 characters you might get the whole set by November 2022

then you might get the full season 2 set by the January 2024

who the fuck is playing a game that long? Spent $90 for a game that instead having 16 characters it takes two years to have 24

I don’t have a problem with DLC I have a problem with the season pass model and how its structured

While that’s true

From the perspective of playing fighting games non competitively, buying a deluxe edition of a game in January 2022 that has the season pass included for $90 is wild

Season 1 characters you might get the whole set by November 2022

then you might get the full season 2 set by the January 2024

who the fuck is playing a game that long? Spent $90 for a game that instead having 16 characters it takes two years to have 24

I don’t have a problem with DLC I have a problem with the season pass model and how its structured

I get what you're saying, but it really depends on how it's done. A season pass model would be much better for some games. Think about CoD for instance. They release a new one of those every year. They could just as easily just update the previous game each year, and it would cost players half the price. The same goes for sports games and fighting games too.

I get what you're saying, but it really depends on how it's done. A season pass model would be much better for some games. Think about CoD for instance. They release a new one of those every year. They could just as easily just update the previous game each year, and it would cost players half the price. The same goes for sports games and fighting games too.
It’s funny because COD does a season pass model and STILL drops every year lol

But idk man the whole skins, loot boxes, characters and progression stuff is a trend I’m waiting to fall to the wayside

It’s funny because COD does a season pass model and STILL drops every year lol

But idk man the whole skins, loot boxes, characters and progression stuff is a trend I’m waiting to fall to the wayside

lol I'm pretty sure it's here to stay. People complain about DLC, but they love the extra content.

lol I'm pretty sure it's here to stay. People complain about DLC, but they love the extra content.
I don’t want DLC to go away just the season pass model because games package up characters like this and give you two new characters after 4 months and that’s no bueno because who is going to play a fighting game 8 months down the line as much as they did the first month?

I don’t want DLC to go away just the season pass model because games package up characters like this and give you two new characters after 4 months and that’s no bueno because who is going to play a fighting game 8 months down the line as much as they did the first month?

Speaking for myself, I played Soul Calibur VI a long time because of the season passes. My play fell off here and there, but when they dropped a new character I liked (e.g., Mitsurugi and Setsuka), I picked it back up. It basically revitalized the game for me. It was the same thing with Dissidia NT. I probably played that game off and on for like 2 years because of the season passes.

Speaking for myself, I played Soul Calibur VI a long time because of the season passes. My play fell off here and there, but when they dropped a new character I liked (e.g., Mitsurugi and Setsuka), I picked it back up. It basically revitalized the game for me. It was the same thing with Dissidia NT. I probably played that game off and on for like 2 years because of the season passes.
Misturugi was a DLC character? Smh lol

i feel you though

Back