Welcome To aBlackWeb

Mount Rushmore of Producers

Fresh was practically doing beats by himself

ALL original shit

really didnt get into sampling until like the 4th or 5th big tymers (i dont count drag rap/triggaman)

but he aint on the Mt Rushmore? Man, let me hit up Knock.

Yeah even I find that a lil blasphemous. Hell...Premo gets an automatic spot imo. Lol

And folks need replace Pharrell w/ Neptunes.

Cuz I'm sure 90% of music they using to justify Pharrell being top 4/5, got Neptunes listed as the producers

Chad don't be getting no respect.

Word. Primo made me want to produce, The Neptunes (from my area) showed me how to craft songs. Pharrell by himself as a producer is cool, but it's not the magic that The Neptunes had.

me, knock and BDP about to team up on you jive turkeys for the fresh disrespect

Ok so what are we talkin about here?

Hits?

Crossover appeal?

Overall impact on the culture?

Think we need to explain why we picking our choices.

Dre overated? Someone is taking loud to the head.

Maybe it's just me. He produced hits. But I feel like it's more of the nostalgia effect than anything. It's dated. Pharell still doing his thing. Mannie could drop something now and it still knock. Tim and Ye could too.

Ion think Dre could.

Dre still living off Chronic 2001 fame

I said this a month ago

that album did NOT age well

The first half is probably some of the best music i've heard. That second half falls so flat. Its like an entirely different project.

I get it, Dre gets credit for ushering in a new west coast sound. Props, but the west coast dont even sound like that now.

People coming out left and right talking about production they did or help do for Detox...nobody saying that about Pharell, Fresh, and others

Back