Welcome To aBlackWeb

Mother's Day/Father's Day gifts.

Eartha Clit

💜
Site President
Once again, I was on Facebook and I saw another debate. This one was about Mother's Day/Father's Day gifts.

The question was:

As a woman are you okay with your man buying his children's mom a gift for Mother's Day gift? Some women said hell no and others said yes.

I wanted to include men in this discussion and ask, as a man are you okay with your woman buying her children's father a gift for Father's Day?

I'm confused. Isn't that the point of mothers and father's day? Is this for people with multiple baby daddy's and mamas or something?

If not, no, I'm not mad if my kids father gets me a gift and nor is he when I get him one. That would be retarded. If yes, that's *major eye roll*. You should be able to buy gifts for whoever you want. Especially around the holidays.

I'm confused. Isn't that the point of mothers and father's day? Is this for people with multiple baby daddy's and mamas or something?

If not, no, I'm not mad if my kids father gets me a gift and nor is he when I get him one. That would be retarded. If yes, that's *major eye roll*. You should be able to buy gifts for whoever you want. Especially around the holidays.
it read like the q was for ppl in relationships with folks who already had kids.
That was said too and some women were like no to that too because it's their money being spent.
I'm confused. is this about someones SO getting a gift for an ex they share a child with, or their current SO they share a child with?

1) The only mother Im buying gifts for is the lady that I emerged from. Mother of my kids better be happy with macaroni art until them kids grow up

2) I see no problem with people buying baby momma that they arent with gifts on mothers day. Hopefully they are in a good space and are co-parenting properly so it wont be awkward. My brother buys all 3 of his children's mothers gifts every year

More than likely she will be getting him a gift regardless cuz I doubt a 6 year would have money to buy their father a gift, so she'll have to pay for it. But I would look at her funny for getting him a gift that's from her specifically.

More than likely she will be getting him a gift regardless cuz I doubt a 6 year would have money to buy their father a gift, so she'll have to pay for it. But I would look at her funny for getting him a gift that's from her specifically.
when I was a kid, mother/fathers day gifts were just making them breakfast or some arts/crafts shit in school. didnt think store bought gifts were the norm before the kids r adults.

Growing up the gifts were purchased by my mama/daddy and they slapped our name on it. I've done the same. I'll let him pick it out, no more than 9.99.

This year tho.
:idkb3: Nah.

Ppl are so self centered

Thats the mother/father of thier children...if they wanna show them appreciation on THE DAY THAT WAS SET ASIDE SPECIFICALLY FOR THAT...and you got a prob with it...then do us all a favor and jump off the highest of cliffs you selfish motherfucker you

Ppl are so self centered

Thats the mother/father of thier children...if they wanna show them appreciation on THE DAY THAT WAS SET ASIDE SPECIFICALLY FOR THAT...and you got a prob with it...then do us all a favor and jump off the highest of cliffs you selfish motherfucker you
Exactly. I'm amazed this was even a question.

I once used my moms own credit card to buy her a mothers day gift, because I felt bad just giving her stuff from school, and my dad wasn't around. She had a good talk with my six year old self bout that one lol.

These days though, we kinda treat it like valentines day. Its not a big deal but I usually get flowers and chocolates, sometimes a stuffed animal and we get the kids dad something he actually wants like a n64 game or something. Cause why not?

Uh...dont see why this would be an issue.

I mean she is the mother of your kids. Plus it would set a good example to the kids that their parents can get along.

Ppl are so self centered

I felt personal rage in this post. Lol.

I felt personal rage in this post. Lol.

Naw lol

Its just petty like Du said.

And it reeks of selfishness and insecurity.

Like going into the relationship you know that this person has another male/female that plays a prominent role in thier livers because they are the mother/father of thier child. Like you have to be cool with that b4 you get into that relationship.

So for you to look at that person sideways for showing appreciation to that person on a day that is specifically for that...especially if they are doing the co-parenting thing the right way...is selfish, petty and insecure as fuck.

Now...if they buying them gifts and showing appreciation every other week...then you may have a problem...but to raise an eyebrow cause they got thier kids mother/father a card and a 20 dollar gift from Wal-Mart? Yeah...go drink poison and slowly waste away.

she will be getting a gift from babygirl but i will be the one to purchase it

to someone else's point, hopefully you all can remain in a good space in order to acknowledge each other in that fashion. I aint breaking the bank like i would if we were together, but something i think that would be appropriate to give her acknowledgement

Ppl are so self centered

So by this logic any occasion/holiday that's made to show appreciation to that person warrants a gift. So you should get ur ex a gift on their birthday, christmas, etc. If yall doing all that yall might as well still be together b.

So by this logic any occasion/holiday that's made to show appreciation to that person warrants a gift. So you should get ur ex a gift on their birthday, christmas, etc. If yall doing all that yall might as well still be together b.
Nope. But I see what you doing tho lol

Back