COMMUNITY Mortal Kombat: Best of the 90’s

1) Best Posse Cut (4 or more individualized verses)

Affirmative Action -Nas, Cormega, AZ & Foxy

2) Best introspective/personal to the artist song

Against All Odds - 2pac

3) underground/b side classic

Murder - UGK

4) Best beef/diss record

Hit em Up - 2pac ft Outlawz

5) Best use of a sample

Dead Presidents - Jay Z

Well if you belee Puff and BIG the timing if the release of that track was pure coincidence lol

Reactions: Achewon87

4) Best beef/diss record

5) Best use of a sample

4) Best beef/diss record

5) Best use of a sample

King Tee - Free Style Ghetto Ft. MC Breeze, Tha Alkaholiks & Xzibit

2Pac - Dear Mama

Raekwon x Ghostface - Verbal Intercourse Ft. Nas

4) Best beef/diss record
BIG - Who Shot Ya?

5) Best use of a sample
Luniz - I Got 5 On It

Club Nouveau - Why You Treat Me So Bad

GOAT for the usage of spoilers

Best posse cut:
@BDP- 3
@Goldie- 2
@Achewon87 -1
@HerbalVaporCapers-0

I already thought I had the order but Achenwon snuck a sleeper that was dope af. Not as Dope as Firm or X and Co but dope nonetheless. Snoop didn’t stand a chance against these lyrical giants. Classic song but it couldn’t stand up to the boom pat and lyrical acrobatics the artist were doing

Best introspective
@Achewon87 -3
@Goldie -2
@HerbalVaporCapers -1
@BDP -0

This shit was suppppppeeerrr tuff! Two Pac’s and X! Man, I had to put personal fav aside and really go song for song. Dear Momma just way to personal, same goes for Slippin. Shit sound so autobiographical that it’s scary. If there’s an exaggeration I’d be surprised. CREAM that track. Maybe had it been Rae going off the whole time it could stand up to Pac and X. Against all odds more of a diss than introspective, tho I guess it was introspective into the beef. Idk but its the weakest of the 4 which was tough to type out loud. Up into hitting post I’m still flipping in my mind Slipping vs Dear Mama

Last edited:
I got side tracked

Best underground/BSide classic

@Achewon87 -3
@BDP-2
@Goldie-1
@HerbalVaporCapers

Another tuff round. Right off the bat, I think it’s universal Nas ripped that shit. Short and to the point them brother showcased fine East coast lyricism. Surprise verse...Pimp C. Man he ripped that shit. Bun went off but Chad....that dude zoned out. It’s the only song I listened to 2x. Black moon was so smoke a blunt cool that I wish I had bud but Beans and Kiss got theirs. Each of these songs could have beat out just about every other song I was thinking of. Much respect to the Black moon and UGK drops cause this was my first time hearing them

I don’t expect anyone to be happy about this but

@HerbalVaporCapers -3
@Goldie -2
@BDP-1
@Achewon87 -0

Hear me out! I don’t care who wrote Eazy raps, that nigga went in! Not as lyrical as the other three but damn more personal. Canibus went dumb. Lyrically the strongest outta the bunch. Hit me up.....outlaws should have never gotten verses. I said it. Who shot ya....man if they would have owned up to being about Pac and not a phantom enemy I would have been the winner but Goldie knows how I feel about subliminals and *insert any rapper* rhymes.

Best use of a sample

@HerbalVaporCapers -3
@BDP -2
@Achewon87 -1
@Goldie -0

Man all these rock, for the most part. I had forgot I was listening to the samples lol. Hands down, DP killed that sample. Smooth af and made the beat they own. And kicked that shit! Luniz also made the joint they own. Smokers anthem no matter where you go. Lacked any real change tho. Jay took a hot line, made it a hot song. One of my favorite Jay songs. Something about it man, kick that shit crazy. Pun lyrically crushed this but I ain’t never liked the sample. I mean, bar for bar it’s him vs Jay from a lyrics stand point. Bias? Yeah. I feel like he wasted great rhymes on a meh beat. Preferred the radio friendly version.