• Boyz N The Hood

• Unforgiven

• Deep Cover

• Lean On Me

• Higher Learning

• Glory

• What's Love Got To Do With It

Results are only viewable after voting.
Fishburnes career is completely different if he doesn't turn down the role of Jules in pulp fiction(that was specifically written for him)

That also directly led to him missing out on Die Hard 3

He rebounded nicely with the Matrix but things could've been so different for him
I’ve never seen die hard 3 so I can’t speak on that. When I heard he turned down Jules though…

:huh2:

Idk though cause Sam is perfect in that role

I’ve never seen die hard 3 so I can’t speak on that. When I heard he turned down Jules though…

:huh2:

Idk though cause Sam is perfect in that role

They went into it in more detail on Bill Simmons rewatchables podcast

Apparently Fishburne had just hired new management and agents and they advised him not to take that role because he was trying to become a leading man and with Travolta, Willis ect he wouldn't get the recognition.......he just hired these people and was paying then a lot of money so he listened to them and turned the role down

He was supposed to be in Die Hard 3 but was asking for an absurd amount of money and essentially had the producers by the balls.......the producers decided to go watch the screening of Pulp Fiction and if they liked the Sam Jackson guy they would offer him the role instead.......if not they would just cough up the money that Fishburne demanded and well, the rest of history

The significance of Die Hard 3 is it became the highest grossing movie of 1995 beating out the likes of Toy Story and Appolo 13...

They went into it in more detail on Bill Simmons rewatchables podcast

Apparently Fishburne had just hired new management and agents and they advised him not to take that role because he was trying to become a leading man and with Travolta, Willis ect he wouldn't get the recognition.......he just hired these people and was paying then a lot of money so he listened to them and turned the role down

He was supposed to be in Die Hard 3 but was asking for an absurd amount of money and essentially had the producers by the balls.......the producers decided to go watch the screening of Pulp Fiction and if they liked the Sam Jackson guy they would offer him the role instead.......if not they would just cough up the money that Fishburne demanded and well, the rest of history

The significance of Die Hard 3 is it became the highest grossing movie of 1995 beating out the likes of Toy Story and Appolo 13...
Oh yeah that’s where I heard it from. Still crazy.

Also crazy is I can’t believe I sat through a 4 hour podcast on pulp fiction

I didn’t know anyone on here fucked with The Rewatchables

I got Shawshank on dvd. I can watch anytime I want lol. I probably run it once a year.

The five I picked I got Lawrence winning 3–2

Seven
The Matrix
Lean on Me
What’s love got to do with it
Boyz in the Hood

Between those five I think Seven is the best overall movie though.
Do you also own the dvds of the films you listed and watch them once a year?

I know. I know. Shawshank should be ok everyone list.

I kid but it's real. One of the best movies ever next to a clockwork orange...

Yall like what you like. Shawshsnk tho can't touch clockwork

Back