Welcome To aBlackWeb

Moon Mumbo Jumbo

PRAISE: All of the usual Roland Emmerich disaster spectacle tropes are in place in this movie about a mysterious force knocking the moon from its orbit and sending it hurtling toward a collision course with Earth
The Estranged families, burn outs in life,easily dismissed disaster warnings..check,check and check.
There are some good action sequences coupled with some nice SFX. John Bradely is the only one that comes out on top in this, at least he was believable and funny. Some great unintentional laughs pop up here and there.

PROBLEMS: This flick is ultra predictable. I think this was the first time I could predict what was going to happen to the last seconds of a movie.
I laughed every time the wooden acting was coupled with some over the top dramatic music. The main theme of this movie was done better in the movie The Core.
A sinister situation in this flick was done better in the movie Greenland.
The stupidity of a character was used to set up and action sequence...just ridiculous

Scale of 1 to 10 a 4

Moon Mumbo Jumbo

PRAISE: All of the usual Roland Emmerich disaster spectacle tropes are in place in this movie about a mysterious force knocking the moon from its orbit and sending it hurtling toward a collision course with Earth
The Estranged families, burn outs in life,easily dismissed disaster warnings..check,check and check.
There are some good action sequences coupled with some nice SFX. John Bradely is the only one that comes out on top in this, at least he was believable and funny. Some great unintentional laughs pop up here and there.

PROBLEMS: This flick is ultra predictable. I think this was the first time I could predict what was going to happen to the last seconds of a movie.
I laughed every time the wooden acting was coupled with some over the top dramatic music. The main theme of this movie was done better in the movie The Core.
A sinister situation in this flick was done better in the movie Greenland.
The stupidity of a character was used to set up and action sequence...just ridiculous

Scale of 1 to 10 a 4

Woooooooowww finally rated something under a 7.

Back