Welcome To aBlackWeb

Monday Night Raw (9/30)

Random question: was Jey going back to the BL the easy way way out creatively? Seems like they could've went the way they teased with having Jey, Jim, and Sami form to go after Roman. Or they could've started the return of the Main Event Uce last night.

Are we seeing the end of the BL anytime soon with Jey coming back in the fold?

So many twists and turns. This maybe the GOAT long-term WWE storyline
Roman said he was gonna blame it on Jimmy.

I think everything Jey did in the ring with Jimmy was real. He really is tore up about the situation. But he came back to save his brother.

Random question: was Jey going back to the BL the easy way way out creatively? Seems like they could've went the way they teased with having Jey, Jim, and Sami form to go after Roman. Or they could've started the return of the Main Event Uce last night.

The Austin/McMahon storyline is still the GOAT. The Bloodline def number 2 IMO

Last edited:
When Jey snaps; it looks convincing. He be all the way in character. When he super kicked Sami and started screaming at him. He had that "I didn't choose this life; this life chose me" mentality

The Austin/McMahon storyline is still the GOAT. The Bloodline use def number 2 IMO
Even if The Bloodline story lacks much flaws the Austin and McMahon storyline was way more potent and did wonders for the wrestling industry. No comparison tbh. Not even sure if Bloodline is number 2 on the grand scheme but its def top 4.

Even if The Bloodline story lacks much flaws the Austin and McMahon storyline was way more potent and did wonders for the wrestling industry. No comparison tbh. Not even sure if Bloodline is number 2 on the grand scheme but its def top 4.
But it is a story right? So those flaws do hurt it overall. If we just going off impact, then carrying the company through a global pandemic and being at the center of a company resurgence has to count quite a bit.
Austin-McMahon feud fucked up when Austin decided to turn heels and become buddy buddy with Vince
Nah shit was great. Stone Cold came back and was a heel the whole time. His characterization just hid it. The fact that his body really was breaking down makes it even more understandable how he could descend into such madness and paranoia.

Austin-McMahon feud fucked up when Austin decided to turn heels and become buddy buddy with Vince
Hated that so much. Damn there was the start of the period i stopped caring about wrestling fulltime. It just felt they ran out of ideas. Like Austin said, he should of called an audible and stunned Vince right there.

The best thing out of that was we got Triple H - Austin, Two Man Power Trip team.

Last edited:
The Evolution storyline id probabaly put up there with Bloodline. Maybe even a hair over because 2 major stars wer3 created and the layered stories through out the run even with Hunters kill all run(no different then Roman) and the turns and crosses.

Well see how Solo does, as much as I fucked with Jay in this story and him killing it I still dont see him in the main event mix like that or with a major title. Im sure Usos will still be going strong the next 3 years. Solo has potential to be the guy who is elevated at the end, excited to see him shine.

Vince McMahon was backstage at WWE Raw in Boston, which caused a stir online.

It seemed like based on those we heard back from that it caused more of a stir online than in person, as most of the talent thought it was a matter of time before they'd see him back in general. Specifically, the initial talent that caused the report multiple weeks ago doubled down on their feelings, after Vince McMahon popped up.

More than anything, it was Vince's physical appearance that turned heads. Vince McMahon arrived with dyed hair and a small mustache, that numerous talent described as resembling that of Gomez Addams from The Addams Family. More than even what Vince McMahon was doing or what it meant for the future, his appearance was heavily discussed. One person in WWE who has known Vince for 20 years said that it was "more drastic and a shock than him getting his head shaved." There have been numerous fake photos on social media circulating of Vince's new look. Thus far no real ones have emerged.

McMahon was at Gorilla position throughout the night and was not shy about saying hello and greeting talent. However, none of the talent or staff that we spoke to said that he was providing instructions, feedback, or orders to anyone that they saw. The wide discussion in the locker room and among talent was that Vince McMahon was there to visit John Cena and to enjoy the show, with them believing that he came there specifically because Cena was booked.

This was a stark contrast to when Vince McMahon forced himself back into power in December, and there seemed to be panic, or when he appeared on TV after the WSJ stories emerged and were met with disgust. There didn't seem to be a lot of panic, at least based on those we heard from. One talent said "the big tell will be if he's at Smackdown."

Talent and staff were not prepared for McMahon to be around, and were not briefed about the situation before and after. There were several higher ups in the company that also were not made aware until he was there, with one noting that they wish they would have been clued in considering the nature of the last nine months in WWE.

There were a few talent that said they intentionally avoided associating with him, despite them believing they'll likely have to deal with him in the future. Speaking of the future, one WWE higher up felt personally as if this was also a case of McMahon testing the waters of showing his face at WWE events and how the talent and staff would react. Now that he's been back, many expect him to be seen at other upcoming events.

Fightful reached out to WWE in an official capacity, but did not get a statement on Vince's appearance at the show.

Naw this was perfect imo. You keep the fans guessing. You keep the fans emotionally invested. They let the heat die down just a tad bit for Jey. Had folks thinkin he was the piece to bring down the Roman Empire....nope. They turnt the heat back up last nite wit the double okie doke. You keep that heat going leading to WM.

The beauty wit this storyline is the fact they CAN bring it all back around wit Jey. I think that bullet is still in the chamber.

Austin turning heel was the only way he could beat Rock. He fought a blowoff match against Triple H and lost. Only won the Rumble by using a chair. Had challenged Angle for the belt and didn't win. Had fought for the belt in the 6man Hell in the Cell and didn't win. Losing to Hunter was just the last straw but it had been building the whole time. If he couldn't beat the son bitch who had him ran over, surely he couldn't beat the Rock.

And he couldn't accept that, not to Rock, who was a punk kid the last time they had met at Mania 15, and definitely not in Texas. Fuck that. "I need to beat you Rock." So he sold his deal to the devil and got the match turned into a no DQ to even the playing field and when that wasn't working he used the devil to tilt field into his favor. Stunning Vince afterwards would have undone all of that. Austin knew the game had passed him by, hell Rocky had already equaled him if not surpassed him in '99, Vince was his ticket to keep the wolves at bay for another day.

Nevermind that Austin was already a heel upon his return. He came back stunning everybody. Since it was Stone Cold this was played as a face tactic. That is until he stunned Mick Foley who was trying to help him, at that point even JR said Austin had gone too far.

But oh well DTA right? Well when Austin did find out it was Rikishi he didn't try to wrestle him, he didn't even try to beat him up, Austin tried to MURDER him by attempting to ram a car into Rikishi while he was laid up against a concrete wall. Not content with just one attempted murder, Austin would then go on to try and murder Triple H too by dropping Hunter off of a forklift while he was trapped inside a car!

And of course the fans went along with it, eye for an eye and all. But it was that bloodlust that was unleashed in Stone Cold that turned inward and animated his jealousy, his insecurities, and his fears of his own mortality. And that led him directly to Vince. Finally humbled and ready to play ball. The fight drained out of him. He had taken the hard way as far as it could go and was FINALLY ready to take the easy way that Vince had offered him on day 1. It's the perfect bow on their entire saga.

And actually in listing this all out kinda redeems the Higher Power (plotholes and all), the Vince that was willing to go that far was the exact guy Austin would need to turn to to reclaim the throne. A man that would do anything. Because that's what Austin was too. So yeah, I rambled myself into it. Best story they've ever told... But the bloodline story isn't finished yet and they've got a few more tricks up their sleeve before it's said and done.

Nevermind that Austin was already a heel upon his return. He came back stunning everybody. Since it was Stone Cold this was played as a face tactic. That is until he stunned Mick Foley who was trying to help him, at that point even JR said Austin had gone too far.

But oh well DTA right? Well when Austin did find out it was Rikishi he didn't try to wrestle him, he didn't even try to beat him up, Austin tried to MURDER him by attempting to ram a car into Rikishi while he was laid up against a concrete wall. Not content with just one attempted murder, Austin would then go on to try and murder Triple H too by dropping Hunter off of a forklift while he was trapped inside a car!

And of course the fans went along with it, eye for an eye and all. But it was that bloodlust that was unleashed in Stone Cold that turned inward and animated his jealousy, his insecurities, and his fears of his own mortality. And that led him directly to Vince. Finally humbled and ready to play ball. The fight drained out of him. He had taken the hard way as far as it could go and was FINALLY ready to take the easy way that Vince had offered him on day 1. It's the perfect bow on their entire saga.

And actually in listing this all out kinda redeems the Higher Power (plotholes and all), the Vince that was willing to go that far was the exact guy Austin would need to turn to to reclaim the throne. A man that would do anything. Because that's what Austin was too. So yeah, I rambled myself into it. Best story they've ever told... But the bloodline story isn't finished yet and they've got a few more tricks up their sleeve before it's said and done.
Damn your memory is good asf, had me putting out my blunt half way reading this. Lol

I mean if you put it that way then I can see it. I just didnt remember all the variables leading into that.

Damn your memory is good asf, had me putting out my blunt half way reading this. Lol

I mean if you put it that way then I can see it. I just didnt remember all the variables leading into that.
I only figured it out during a rewatch during quarantine. Seen that shit clear as day knowing where the story was going to end up. But I've never found anything online that would corroborate my view so I just kept that shit tucked.

Hated that so much. Damn there was the start of the period i stopped caring about wrestling fulltime. It just felt they ran out of ideas. Like Austin said, he should of called an audible and stunned Vince right there.

The best thing out of that was we got Triple H - Austin, Two Man Power Trip team.

I hated that shit too
And it was totally a disastrous plan because he had no real babyface adversaries. Rock left to go film the Scorpion King so Austin was a new heel with no top challengers.

They got luck with the HHH tandem. That had serious potential to be some super team shit that woulda ran the whole shit.

I can’t imagine what the invasion story woulda have been like had they had Hunter

I hated that shit too
And it was totally a disastrous plan because he had no real babyface adversaries. Rock left to go film the Scorpion King so Austin was a new heel with no top challengers.

They got luck with the HHH tandem. That had serious potential to be some super team shit that woulda ran the whole shit.

I can’t imagine what the invasion story woulda have been like had they had Hunter

I wanna make a thread about WWE in 2001. So many missed opportunities due to injuries and bad creative

Back