Welcome To aBlackWeb

Monday Night Raw (9/23)

So… they really about to end this brand split with the tag titles unifying now or is it all bullshit?

So… they really about to end this brand split with the tag titles unifying now or is it all bullshit?
All bullshit. I read WWE has no plans of unifying titles at all even tho they use the phrase, they just mean the titles are unified on that person when they have both but will go back to brand exclusive titles once the draft happens.

Miz: it’s a title… a belt holds up your pants

Cody should’ve fired back “like I said…reliable”

Miz: it’s a title… a belt holds up your pants

Cody should’ve fired back “like I said…reliable”
From what I read is they are playing it like Cody is an AEW guy(hints why its brought up multiple times they know where he was the past few years) thats why they did the "shit" spot on his promo because AEW gets away with saying shit alot and the WWE banned phrases that Cody gets to use like wrestler and belt is on purpose so the WWE guy can "correct" him.

All bullshit. I read WWE has no plans of unifying titles at all even tho they use the phrase, they just mean the titles are unified on that person when they have both but will go back to brand exclusive titles once the draft happens.
I read that they are treating it like how boxing does with the different titles (WBC, WBO, etc) that person just holds them until someone beats em for one or both so for now…its accurate that Roman is the Undisputed champ in WWE and The Usos bout to be undisputed tag champs in WWE. If this is accurate I have zero issues with this method

kind of a throwback to the territory days

I read that they are treating it like how boxing does with the different titles (WBC, WBO, etc) that person just holds them until someone beats em for one or both so for now…its accurate that Roman is the Undisputed champ in WWE and The Usos bout to be undisputed tag champs in WWE. If this is accurate I have zero issues with this method

kind of a throwback to the territory days
Its ehhh for me. The thought of 2 world champs or 2 of the same tier belts is so stupid to me in pro wrestling. One of the reasons AEW is refreshing. There is one dominant champion in each divison. Certain shit form other sports dont always translate the same in others.

Its ehhh for me. The thought of 2 world champs or 2 of the same tier belts is so stupid to me in wrestling. One of tye reasons AEW is refreshing. There is one dominant champion in each divison.
Yeah ots interesting for sure how WWE does its brand split. Cause they are technically treating them like two different promotions with its shows, storyline, champs, etc. But its still all WWE.

I dont have an issue with them doing unifying titles temporarily and separating them again

But I do prefer one world champ.

Also I know its been said 100x but the "Universal" champion is such a stupid name. Lol like i was hoping them unifying the titles like we thought was going to be the end of that name.

Pretty much WWE see all the other promotions doing multiple belts on one wrestler/tag team. So now they jumping on board for right now

exactly….

Problem is I don’t think they wanna rush Cody / Roman so who do you have him in a feud with in the meantime?

It's a lot of people for him to go up against, its just a matter of them ending some of the ongoing feuds/stories.

You got Orton once he finally turns on Riddle (Him and Cody got history from their stable)

Edge
Priest
Theory
Owen's like OG said

These all people who he could beat on his way to Reigns and they'd all be good wins.

You got a few guys on SD too if that brand split is coming to an end fr

Pretty much WWE see all the other promotions doing multiple belts on one wrestler/tag team. So now they jumping on board for right now

Lol they been doing it for a few years tho. Remember 2 belts Bayley and Sasha?

Even did it w/ Keith Lee and Carmelo most recently in NXT.

I really think they just trying to end that split.

Also I know its been said 100x but the "Universal" champion is such a stupid name. Lol like i was hoping them unifying the titles like we thought was going to be the end of that name.

If I could, I’d have the following titles:

1 mens world champion
1 womens world champion
1 mens tag team champion
1 womens tag team champion
I’d still have the US and IC champion and not unify the titles
All champions can show up on any show and keep it as separate brands if they still wanna go in that direction

Lol they been doing it for a few years tho. Remember 2 belts Bayley and Sasha?

Even did it w/ Keith Lee and Carmelo most recently in NXT.

I really think they just trying to end that split.

Yeah the 2 belt shyt is a brief thing tho wit WWE. Anytime there was a 2 belt situation, didn’t, they had to relinquish one of the belts shortly after? I think Becky/Bayley/Sasha were the only ones I can think of that had their multiple belts for a good bit b4 losing them.

Them other promotions tho been doing that years longer. Back to when wrestlers was collecting belts from different territories. Like boxing does.

But people been saying they tryin to "end the split" for years. That shyt ain't happening. They selling TOO much merchandise for both brands to even do it. Yeah that looks good on paper...but the execution...meh.

Back