Welcome To aBlackWeb

Monday Night Raw (9/16)

Deep breath.

Roman's entire character is based on him being the most resoundingly rejected character in WWE history. Thus his need for constant "Acknowledgement". If you took the fact that he was an abject failure away from him, he would have NO character.

It works because he was booed even when positioned with Rock. When he beat Undertaker. When he took down the Authority. When he came back from cancer!

Roman was made to look stupid everytime he ignored reality and soldiered on as a hero that nobody wanted.

wee-bey-oh-shit_zpsfk4tkjie.gif

Bruh I didn't even think about it like that. You're absolutely right.

I actually didn't care.

Mostly I was dumbfounded because it came out of nowhere and Vince spent the summer obsessing over a macguffin prop egg because it was slightly related to Rock.

Theory had no story to him and now he does. 🤷🏾‍♂️
SMH coulda gave him a story without making him looking stupid. I don't see how y'all can't agree, but whatever

You been saying the same shit on repeat for 3 Hours now give it a rest
AlertSlightKid-size_restricted.gif

It is. too bad it however assumes that there was some long plan at play as if Vince and co. didn't have to go back to the drawing board because their original plan to push Roman failed in the first place. If Vince had succeeded at first, none of this acknowledgement would be happening. Roman got what? Repackaged. That's right. that's right
That's. Not. What. A repackage is.

A repackage is the Sultan becoming Rikishi. Or Farooq going from a gladiator to a black nationalist (who hung out with a white biker and a Puerto Rican, and a white rap group but that's another story).

Triple H and Roman have characters that evolved on screen. There's a consistent throughline that explains their motivations and character arc that a repackaged character doesn't have.

I thought the character of this version of Roman was obvious lol hence "Acknowledge Me" like Phenom said

Naw not really.

If he wasn't talkin about it during his promos the past 2yrs for fans to understand..then I think a lot of folks probably didn't pick up on that.

Naw not really.

If he wasn't talkin about it during his promos the past 2yrs for fans to understand..then I think a lot of folks probably didn't pick up on that.

Thats what I'm saying
All this nigga wants is for folks to acknowledge him as the best
beforehand he was saying he's the big dog and this was his yard and niggas scoffed
So it makes sense that the heel version is basically demanding, borderline whining for folks to see him lol

SMH coulda gave him a story without making him looking stupid. I don't see how y'all can't agree, but whatever
Heels are supposed to look stupid though. That's the payoff for sitting through their hubris and antagonism.

Vince pissed himself on TV. Jericho was fired and thrown in the trash. Hunter was misted and fought a house plant. Heels show ass, that's how it works.

Back