Welcome To aBlackWeb

Mixtape Weezy Appreciation Thread

AP2.5

I was really really tryna keep it PG
Site Administrator
say what you want about where Lil Wayne ranks currently in music today, but if you a fan of the culture, like a real fan, you cannot deny the run this man had at one point just SMASHING mixtapes to the point where in most cases, you forgot about who made the original version of the beat.

Some people think his dedication mixtapes are his finest moments, but i think the squad mixtapes are better, and he was at the top of his game with the first No Ceilings.

Anyway, post up your fav mixtape weezy tracks

Props on the sq drops! I'm bout to flood this thread later. Weezy is the KING of mixtapes, no debating.

i aint wanna flood the entire thread with tracks which is why i just wanted to get it jumped off lol

but ya...you cant call yourself a fan of hiphop and deny what this dude did during that run

hell, at one point, i think XXL did a article that listed EVERY feature he had done in one year...tell me that aint greatness

i cant get jiggy with his newer shit, but i can always go back to old squad mixtapes, no ceilings, gangsta grillz, and even sorry for the wait 2 had some bangers

Yea I remember that mag, I think I still have it in the attic somewhere. It was over 100 guest features in 2007.

TBH, I couldn't even be able to make a top 5 weezy mixtape list, let alone pick a favorite, there's too many dope tapes, to cut it down to 5. Ima try to make a top 10 list today tho.

The only person that can argue being the king of mixtapes other than Wayne is Joe, but I don't consider what Joe was making as mixtapes, it was pretty much all original content, they're albums to me.

The only person that can argue being the king of mixtapes other than Wayne is Joe, but I don't consider what Joe was making as mixtapes, it was pretty much all original content, they're albums to me.

yea Joe not gon win this one imo solely due to the fact that Joe was telling life stories like you would on an album. I mean, he had tracks like "bullshit metaphors", "money power respect freestyle", off MM1 that showed he could get nasty with the bars, but most of the other songs were literally diary confessions imo.

yea Joe not gon win this one imo solely due to the fact that Joe was telling life stories like you would on an album. I mean, he had tracks like "bullshit metaphors", "money power respect freestyle", off MM1 that showed he could get nasty with the bars, but most of the other songs were literally diary confessions imo.

Are introspective songs automatically inferior?

Are introspective songs automatically inferior?

most certainly not, but wayne across the mixtapes showed more range and made you forget about some of the og artists who had the beat first

Joe is ill...no question, but again, i think his mixtapes were themed around his introspective issues at that time during his life. Doesnt take away from his greatness as an emcee...but "sky is the limit" aint even waynes best mixtape freestyle makes you even forget mike jones had the song first

On the real, we should just do the appreciation threads by era, cuz the SQ era alone had so many dope tracks, we could spend a week just breaking those down. The crazy shit is the nigga was still a teenager durin that era lol.

On the real, we should just do the appreciation threads by era, cuz the SQ era alone had so many dope tracks, we could spend a week just breaking those down. The crazy shit is the nigga was still a teenager durin that era lol.

I see no issue with this, i will change the title and we can post squad stuff in here

good idea

Back