Welcome To aBlackWeb

Infamous114

305 🇳🇮
Mod Squad
20231213_201542.jpg

A talented young writer (Jenna Ortega) embarks on a creative odyssey when her teacher (Martin Freeman) assigns a project that entangles them both in an increasingly complex web. As lines blur and their lives intertwine, professor and protégé must confront their darkest selves while straining to preserve their individual sense of purpose and the things they hold most dear.​

Miller's Girl

Student Teacher Don'ts

PRAISE: Fourty five minutes into this movie about a creative writing assignment that yields complex results between a teacher and his talented student I saw what writer Jade Halley Bartlett was trying to say. The longing for life to have more meaning, for people to hear your voice and respect it. To find someone that believes in your writing, respects literature and you are more drawn to the person because of all of the aforementioned. But when it's a teacher and a student of course it's a big no no especially if it goes past the classroom and down Inappropriate paths. There's not really any bad performances in the movie. I actually felt the frustration of Jonathan Miller (Martin Freeman). Jenna Ortega does well as Cairo Sweet definitely felt her longing for acceptance.As her friend Winnie Gideon Adlon steals every scene she's in. As Jonathan's wife Beatrice, Dagmara Dominczyk is very good even though I could see what she was truly thinking about him from a mile away. Comedian Bashir Sulahuddin as Jonathan’s best friend was good even though in the end I felt his character was a bit of a hypocrite.

PROBLEMS: There are far to many dull moments in this movie.Aside from one great taboo moment much of what is supposed to be erotic or sexy in this movie was unintentionally funny to me. Much has been said about a certain sex scene between Freeman and Ortega but I actually thought it was bland and not much to it. I guess people didn't even want the thought of something happening between the characters to enter their minds so they overhyped their shock over it. A lot of things are to on the nose as the movie attempts to be Lolita but is more like a lighter version of 1992's Poison Ivy.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 4½

This is one of those crazy inappropriate taboo topics lol. I mean technically, the students are 18 but they're plotting on getting fucked by their teachers. Short runtime but there's just not much here, Martin Freeman's character is clearly despised by his wife. Theres a lot of reading of literature throughout but it just doesn't connect at all. At the end, they find their inspiration (Cairo for her essay to get into Yale and Miller in writing a new book)

Back