Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Migos - Culture III

I know I'm late. Finally got around to listening to Culture III.

200.gif

I know I'm late. Finally got around to listening to Culture III.

200.gif

Am I the only one that finds it weird that despite much beats carry rappers these days, producers don't really get the shine they used to. I mean in in the 90s and 00s a lot of the producers had names as big as the artists. Nowadays, you probably know the names of a lot of the producers, but they ain't really stars in their own right.

Am I the only one that finds it weird that despite much beats carry rappers these days, producers don't really get the shine they used to. I mean in in the 90s and 00s a lot of the producers had names as big as the artists. Nowadays, you probably know the names of a lot of the producers, but they ain't really stars in their own right.

It's not weird to me because most of those producers who's names got damn near just as big as the artists started to be performers just like the artists they used to only produce for. Performing raised their profiles and let people put a face to the name they heard who was making all those beats for their favorite rappers or singers.

I don't think we see as many producers rapping or singing as we did back then. I very well could be wrong about that though.

It's not weird to me because most of those producers who's names got damn near just as big as the artists started to be performers just like the artists they used to only produce for. Performing raised their profiles and let people put a face to the name they heard who was making all those beats for their favorite rappers or singers.

I don't think we see as many producers rapping or singing as we did back then. I very well could be wrong about that though.

That's a good point. I didn't consider that. Still, there were producers like Swizz Beatz that became stars without becoming artists.

That's because these producers don't have a signature sound and every beat sounds the same.

Plus back in the day, there were super producers, Teddy Riley, Jermaine Dupri, Neptunes, and Timbo dominated pop music as well as Black music.

Producers nowadays are siloed in a genre. There's a couple of famous Hip Hop producers like Murda Beats, Metro Boomin, Kenny Beats, but I couldn't tell you the difference between their production style.

Yeah unfortunately as always production only gets accredited by the audience of the sound and most mainstream artists have mainstream tastes with mainstream mindsets

Back