Welcome To aBlackWeb

Michelle Obama on white people's racism

The first part about "I can't make you not be racist" I agree with...had she followed up with "So I'm going to live my life regardless" that's perfect but thinking being a good person is going to slowly chip away at a person's racism is some 90's after school special shit

I think she missed the mark here

might be out of context. Buuuuuuut why black people gotta prove we human and why we gotta be perfect to be viewed as human. We don’t ever want to fit a stereotype in front of outsiders but making them feel safe is unfairly placed on us.

Last edited:
See this is what Obama was talkin bout with these super woke twitter niggas. They takin Michelle's quote and running with it wanting it to mean something else. Here she is talkin about white flight in the same panel

Yea that's really somebody that was on respectability politics or whatever tf else niggas was sayin

See this is what Obama was talkin bout with these super woke twitter niggas. They takin Michelle's quote and running with it wanting it to mean something else. Here she is talkin about white flight in the same panel

Yea that's really somebody that was on respectability politics or whatever tf else niggas was sayin

Uhh, she still put the onus on us somewhat opposed to completely and absolutely vilifying white bigots. Speaking about our skin and hair texture is irrelevant to their hatred

Uhh, she still put the onus on us somewhat opposed to completely and absolutely vilifying white bigots. Speaking about our skin and hair texture is irrelevant to their hatred
How did she put the onus on us tho? She said she cant change racist white peoples minds so all you can do is be great for yourself and do good work. MAYBE through all of that some white person will look at you and have a change of heart, but the goal isnt to do anything for them. It's for you.

I understood what she said but ppl want it to be something else.

I fucks with Michelle regardless.

She navigate the most political waters and I never felt her blackness was compromised

The first part about "I can't make you not be racist" I agree with...had she followed up with "So I'm going to live my life regardless" that's perfect but thinking being a good person is going to slowly chip away at a person's racism is some 90's after school special shit

I would call it suffering for sympathy.
In no area of activity in life can you implement such a strategy and win with it.

No one would tell a rape victim to just keep getting raped, but be a nice victim till rapist change their mind.
No one would tell a child to keep getting molested, but keep being nice till pedophiles change their mind.
There's no symmetry to her logic at all.
So it's not a method of action to be suggesting to victims of racism.

I would call it suffering for sympathy.
In no area of activity in life can you implement such a strategy and win with it.

No one would tell a rape victim to just keep getting raped, but be a nice victim till rapist change their mind.
No one would tell a child to keep getting molested, but keep being nice till pedophiles change their mind.
There's no symmetry to her logic at all.
So it's not a method of action to be suggesting to victims of racism.
Our first lady is mad conditioned

Can't make sense out of something that doesn't make sense.

There's no logical reason for their racism...........so no amount of logic is going to cause them to change their views.

Reactions: GNS
Can't make sense out of something that doesn't make sense.

There's no logical reason for their racism...........so no amount of logic is going to cause them to change their views.
What did you think she said in that clip? I already said what I thought...

What did you think she said in that clip? I already said what I thought...

She's still implying.......whether intentional or unintentional......that our "behavior" and how we "conduct ourselves" is a legitimate factor in white racism.

Not as blatant as the clip in the O/P, but the implication is still there nonetheless.

Basically, being a "good family" shouldn't even be mentioned.

Simply because those racists weren't moving out the neighborhood because of how "good" or "bad" her family was.

They moved out because her family was black.

• Ether
Reactions: GNS
Simply because those racists weren't moving out the neighborhood because of how "good" or "bad" her family was.

They moved out because her family was black.
Nigga she said all that in this clip. Lmao do yall just wana be mad today or is there something else going on?

Back