Welcome To aBlackWeb

Michael Jackson vs. Stevie Wonder: who is the GREATER artist?

Who is the greater artist?

• Michael Jackson

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Stevie Wonder

Votes: 10 43.5%

• Total voters

Mister B.

The Devil’s Greatest Advocate…..
Believe it or not, this came out of the The Last Dance thread in the Sports Bar. As O.G. put it:

Here's how I see it:

Jordan = Michael Jackson
Two 3peats = Thriller & Bad
Both MJ's will always be considered the greatest by the masses. They both have one of the best catalogs in their industry.

Kareem = Stevie Wonder
Their run in the 70's is untouchable. Decade full of rings, awards, platinum & gold.
They get overlooked and misjudged by the younger generation of media and fans bcuz of the somewhat secluded lifestyles.
We know the songs, we know their impact on music.

Mike has more albums sold (350 Million to 100 Million)

Stevie has won more Grammys (25 to 13)

Who would you rate as the greater artist?

lmao nah Mike would run out of songs. Stevie got 23 studio albums. Folks don't even acknowledge Mike's first 4 solo albums. Mike's definitely got BIGGER hits, but Stevie's catalog is deeeeep
I like stevie alot but alot of his shit will put me to sleep

Deeper catalog dont always = a better catalog

And i always prefered early MJ so i def do count his early albums

The difference is that early Michael Jackson/Jackson 5 songs were written and produced by an in house team at Motown while Stevie was writing and producing his own material.

Another difference is that MJ was a sex symbol so he seemed larger than life. I wasn't around in the 70s but I don't think Stevie was a sex symbol like that.

I'd say Innervisions + Songs In The Key Of Life = Off The Wall + Thriller

MJ had the music videos that made him a mega star.

But Stevie wrote and produced his own music.

It's a wash imo

The difference is that early Michael Jackson/Jackson 5 songs were written and produced by an in house team at Motown while Stevie was writing and producing his own material.

Another difference is that MJ was a sex symbol so he seemed larger than life. I wasn't around in the 70s but I don't think Stevie was a sex symbol like that.

It's a wash imo
Stevie had 3 wives and 9 kids so either they found him sexy or the money and talent sexy :lol9: :

It's a wash imo
How he write when he can't see?
0UX3zQ6.png

Back