Welcome To aBlackWeb

Michael B Jordan accused of cultural appropriation

Only reason y’all saying call out white peoples is because mbj got called out. Y’all ain’t care about calypso until this thread so stop with the fake shit. Y’all ain’t care about Aunt Jemama or Uncle Ben tho. Why y’all ain’t call them out? Fakery
Why you ain’t pages did for all the black kids that died the last two weeks but you fight tooth and nail over a gay haircut?

Only reason y’all saying call out white peoples is because mbj got called out. Y’all ain’t care about calypso until this thread so stop with the fake shit. Y’all ain’t care about Aunt Jemama or Uncle Ben tho. Why y’all ain’t call them out? Fakery

lol It's just kinda funny seeing how hard folks are shrugging off Calypso on some "who cares" shit but at the same time are outraged at this MBJ shit tho...

So we gonna act like people dont go back decades and pull it back to the forefront to cancel some shit?

Saying "oh it was back then and we aint know about it" can only go so far as an excuse for not having the same energy for one as the other

I completely hear you. And if it’s sold in the islands they should say something. But you know and I know it takes forever to go at anestablished company vs something new. Washington Redskins are perfect example. But I’m not saying you’re wrong

I may have missed that. If his partner was Trini... then that seems like fair play to me
Yes his partner is trini and the already have a bar together in NYC.

are we mad his partner has a business in the states? Taking from the American culture?

this is all crazy.

I completely hear you. And if it’s sold in the islands they should say something. But you know and I know it takes forever to go at anestablished company vs something new. Washington Redskins are perfect example. But I’m not saying you’re wrong

The folks that are pissed dont seem to give a damn where it's sold.. They prolly never even seen a bottle of it.

Just cuz I dont sell my appropriated shit in the place I appropriated it from... dont make it no better lol

So saying all black people are the same is bad? Then it’s questions if you like black people.
Same person says we need to work together in a place where some are showing there is no we.
He defends the separation of the cultures but still thinks partnering with a person from the culture is acting like a white man.

this makes sense to y’all?

his partner is trini and may have asked him to be the face.
It’s a lot of assuming going on.
the man has a rum bar in NYC with said trini partner.

is their any anger for the partner or he don’t matter?
The man did his due diligence either way you slice it. So can a trini use the name?

smdh

y’all got it

You forgot the exploitation part like you always do

Did his partner call his business freaknik?
If he did...that’s his choice.

regardless if he didn’t have a black American as a partner.

we leaving too many resources on the table for others to take over bullshit.

The folks that are pissed dont seem to give a damn where it's sold.. They prolly never even seen a bottle of it.

Just cuz I dont sell my appropriated shit in the place I appropriated it from... dont make it no better lol

im saying ain’t you from the islands did you know about this calypso thing before this thread?

that shit is not even sellin over there

If he did...that’s his choice.

regardless if he didn’t have a black American as a partner.

we leaving too many resources on the table for others to take over bullshit.

that’s the problem Dos if he called it freaknik we would have an issue if one of us ain’t around and probably would still have an issue. But the minute niggas woulda protested freaknik you and elzo woulda been “what niggas mad about now they should be getting money and flipping the culture for racks”

This why I’m calling this thought process white

Taking from a culture you ain’t from or know about and selling something is usually wrong. They did it to us and the natives and then put us in ghettoes and reservations. But we should champion that mindset?

Back