Welcome To aBlackWeb

Method Man says he’s never coming back to perform at Summer Jam

I laughed but nah

Part of the issue is the youth don't have respect

I know the elders said that about us cuz it's true every for generation

I don't know. I don't think it was true for our generation. We had respect and I never heard any old person say we didn't. Cats could be the biggest drug dealers on the block with 2 or 3 bodies on their name and they was still saying "Yes ma'am" to old ladies that spoke to them. That could just be a South thing though.

When I was in my early 20s had an older coworker who listened to all the good music of the 70s/80s constantly trash the music of our generation. "Y'all don't know real music"

Shitted on Jay, dmx, Wayne etc. I chalked it up to old man hate. I remember him clowning dmx for barking and growling over all his songs. To him it was gimmicky af, to me, that was blasphemous.

Years later as an older person who pays some attn to the new shit, even tho Id still disagree, I can see where he was coming from. He just didn't understand and we didn't care that shit was dope. And now we're in that same boat.

I don't know. I don't think it was true for our generation. We had respect and I never heard any old person say we didn't. Cats could be the biggest drug dealers on the block with 2 or 3 bodies on their name and they was still saying "Yes ma'am" to old ladies that spoke to them. That could just be a South thing though.
I dont think its true for everywhere too, but for a lot of places, a generation dropped the ball & the neighborhood was no longer a community. I'm willing to bet those drug dealers knew those old ladies since they were kids, and those old ladies looked out for them as kids. And those older guys that know them, keep the younger wild ones in check and keep them from doing super dumb shit.

Now, it seems like a lot of people just worried about themselves and their immediate interests. If there young kids with turbulent home life's, if other adults find out, they immediately give up on them and tell their kids to avoid them. Those kids remember that and grow up to be wild and not care.

And prob the biggest problem is the lack of real OG's. Too many old niggas & no OG's. Got people that want all the respect in the world just cause they're old, but put no work in to be respectable people.

I mean look at a lot of the rap community. Dudes like 50 years old & up, still dressing/acting like they're in their early 20s. Trying to strong arm & flex on the young dudes cuz they're still trying to compete over the same young girls. Shit is crazy

I dont think its true for everywhere too, but for a lot of places, a generation dropped the ball & the neighborhood was no longer a community. I'm willing to bet those drug dealers knew those old ladies since they were kids, and those old ladies looked out for them as kids. And those older guys that know them, keep the younger wild ones in check and keep them from doing super dumb shit.

Now, it seems like a lot of people just worried about themselves and their immediate interests. If there young kids with turbulent home life's, if other adults find out, they immediately give up on them and tell their kids to avoid them. Those kids remember that and grow up to be wild and not care.

And prob the biggest problem is the lack of real OG's. Too many old niggas & no OG's. Got people that want all the respect in the world just cause they're old, but put no work in to be respectable people.

I mean look at a lot of the rap community. Dudes like 50 years old & up, still dressing/acting like they're in their early 20s. Trying to strong arm & flex on the young dudes cuz they're still trying to compete over the same young girls. Shit is crazy

lol I hear you. I think our generation dropped the ball to be honest.

Funny enough in April I saw Meth and Red at the Cannibas Festival here in DC with the rest of WuTang and they killed it with a much smaller crowd.

Back