Welcome To aBlackWeb

Men, how would you handle this?

Well after 7-10 years theres some kind of bond developed with the kid. With as mad as I would be I wouldn't be able to just drop the kid I dont think. The relationship with the mom would be over though. I would just play a mentor role to the kid I suppose at that point.

Chances are I'd just go get high about it though.

If you have kids, imagine the kids you have right now end up not being yours after 7-10 years. Now answer the question.

Couldn't just walk away. I don't think I'd be able to do it after 2-3 years. Once they start calling you Daddy and looking up to you and loving you and you loving them, it'd be damn near impossible to ghost them.

Probably also depends on how close you are to them. If you with them daily, a definite no to ghosting them.

The kid still going to be my lil homie nothing going to change. Now if the mother knew or I feel she knew that shit all along. Just don't ever say shit to me again that don't involve that kid.

i'd be hurt like fuck..

my son 7 right now....that's my little man right there... bad ass in school n all...the me you know right now would cease to exist....i'd be a completely different person after a blow like that...i honestly can't tell you what i would do

Had a close encounter with this situation. The long short is, me and bm had broke up for bout a year.

Started fucking again, then got back together. Daughter was born, looked nothing like me. I got very strong genes, our other kids shared those features. I start questioning shit, we broke up and I ordered a test.

Test came back she's mine. But it made me think about the what if. That shit hurt like a mf. I wouldn't have walked away from her. But at the same time, her not being mine would have left me with no legal rights to see her.

The evil bitch used that against me by telling her about it in some "yo daddy dont love you" shit. I had no plans on ever revealing that to her. That was between us messy ass adults. Our daddy/daughter relationship is still affected by it.

And niggas crazy saying that’s my kid now. Fuck that. I’m not taking responsibility for another nigga spawn.
If you was for 7-10 years.... You gotta be a heartless motherfucker to just walk away from that kid.

That kid did nothing to deserve this, and to them you are the only father they can comprehend. 7 years as a parent is a long ass bonding experience...

Imagine at 7,8,9,or 10 one of your parents doesn't die or anything..... But just ups and leave cuz you not their kid for real...

That shit would be devastating. And while I get that the dude in this would be hurting.... Most people ain't cold enough to abandon a kid who depends on them like that....

I know y'all some cold mother fuckers..... But y'all ain't that cold

If you was for 7-10 years.... You gotta be a heartless motherfucker to just walk away from that kid.

That kid did nothing to deserve this, and to them you are the only father they can comprehend. 7 years as a parent is a long ass bonding experience...

Imagine at 7,8,9,or 10 one of your parents doesn't die or anything..... But just ups and leave cuz you not their kid for real...

That shit would be devastating. And while I get that the dude in this would be hurting.... Most people ain't cold enough to abandon a kid who depends on them like that....

I know y'all some cold mother fuckers..... But y'all ain't that cold

I dont think a person just ups and leaves the kid.

Its more like 7 years in, you find your wife was cheating and then lying to you all this time. You rightfully decide to leave her.

Once you move out, you decide you want to stay in the kids life but yall live in different houses, you get no rights to see the kid by law cause you arent related at all genetically, and even though you make an effort to stay in the kids life, it starts to get tougher and tougher and soon you only talking to the kid during holidays.

Especially when seeing the kid means seeing the mom and you hate that bitch, and even though its her fault she still bitter that you left so that makes coming around harder.

Add to the factor soon you have a new girl and possibly a new kid, ex gets married and theres a new dude in the house.

So many factors come into why in 2-3 years you almost not seeing the kid and its not cause you dont love the kid or your cold. Shit just happens.

I dont think a person just ups and leaves the kid.

Its more like 7 years in, you find your wife was cheating and then lying to you all this time. You rightfully decide to leave her.

Once you move out, you decide you want to stay in the kids life but yall live in different houses, you get no rights to see the kid by law cause you arent related at all genetically, and even though you make an effort to stay in the kids life, it starts to get tougher and tougher and soon you only talking to the kid during holidays.

Especially when seeing the kid means seeing the mom and you hate that bitch, and even though its her fault she still bitter that you left so that makes coming around harder.

Add to the factor soon you have a new girl and possibly a new kid, ex gets married and theres a new dude in the house.

So many factors come into why in 2-3 years you almost not seeing the kid and its not cause you dont love the kid or your cold. Shit just happens.
i can understand that, i'm just tripping of the people that's acting like its just gonna be nuffin to keep it moving

idk how it works in every state but I thought I'd add this

here, and Texas I believe, if you sign the birth certificate you're the legal parent regardless of paternity test results later

you can actually be put on child support for a child that is not yours, but you're on the certificate

this is why a lot of uncertain men dont show up for that process

anyway.... to add that to what Du's saying, ya'll aint just leaving a 7 year old kid you held as your own since birth

every time a thread or question like this pops up...everybody's sole focus and reasoning is "that bitch"...gotta get her back lol

which is the least important part of this whole situation

Slowly over time the relationship will find with a kid that young.

But like @1/2 said. Here in Texas, you sign that birth certificate youre the daddy no matter if that bitch committed a heinous act

Back