Welcome To aBlackWeb

Megyn Kelly accused of victim-shaming Kavanaugh accuser Julie Swetnick

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member
NBC News landed the first interview with Julie Swetnick, the third Brett Kavanaughaccuser, and while the network’s Megyn Kelly didn’t conduct the interview, she had a lot to say about it and the credibility of Swetnick, leading many to accuse her of victim shaming.

The NBC personality has been all over the Kavanaugh coverage and posted several tweets about Swetnick on Monday, including one directed to the woman’s attorney, Michael Avenatti. In it, Kelly questioned Swetnick’s credibility. “Most women tell the truth, but not all do,” she wrote.

When one person commented that Kelly is enabling the “Male Misogynistic Culture,” Kelly — who previously accused former Fox News’ Roger Ailes of sexual harassment — replied to that as well.

When followers pointed out that it probably meant a lot to Kelly when she accused former Fox News chairman and CEO Roger Ailes of assault and was believed, she cited the evidence she had to back her claim

The last tweet from Kelly criticized the #BelieveSurvivors and #BelieveWomen movements. She wrote that “the notion that *every* woman must be believed is absurd,” citing the 2006 rape case involving Duke University lacrosse players.

Kelly’s series of tweets has people saying that she is victim-shaming Swetnick.

Some found it especially egregious considering her claims against Ailes.

And others noted that Swetnick — as well as Christine Blasey Ford, the first woman to accuse Kavanugh of sexual assault — were in high school at the time of the alleged incidents and didn’t have a collection of legal evidence to present like Kelly later did.

Some were shocked she drew the comparison between Swetnick and the Duke case.

Others called for the cancellation of Kelly’s show.

Swetnick’s interview with NBC News aired on Monday night — and Kelly wasn’t the only one with questions about her story. NBC noted at the beginning of the interview with Swetnick — who previously claimed through her lawyer that the Supreme Court nominee was present during a “gang rape” in the early 1980s — that the network “has not been able to independently verify her claims” and that there were “things she told us on camera that differ from her written statements last week.” However, Kate Snow, who conducted the interview, noted that the network is “not discounting what she said in any way,” and said that “a lot of people” were working on corroborating her account.

but 70 women tho.....
out of 70...their are not liar when it comes to a black man

but with a white dude...out of 3 we cant trust all women now?

smdh

Last edited:
But...but...didn't she leave Faux b/c sexual harassment/abuse?

So folks should believe her claims...but not this woman?

Don't like this racist bitch but I agree.
Wtf is up with this believe the victim bs like you're supposed to automatically believe an accuser.

Even she said "most women tell the truth", tf?

Nah examine evidence just like with any other situation

The whole point of all this being dragged out is not to confirm Kavanugh. Kavanugh is set to be the next supreme Court judge. All of this is to do two things.

1.Hope to raise the profile of this so much that the public influnce is enough to scare potential flakes into not agreeing to confirmation. This done by force feeding the narrative of men out of control, to the point it even gets conservative women on board.Which is why you see more public conservative women coming out to defend the guy.

2. If/when he becomes a justice, be comes the conservative boogey man that democrats rally women around to use to get elected and reelected.

The proof is in the pudding, true democrat leadership ain't saying shit about this. They don't care, you hear Republicans arguing more about this than actual democrat leadership. This is a fight between liberal media and Republican politicians.

Megan Kelly is white female privilege/culture vulture personified. She used the efforts of others, mostly driven by the efforts of women of other races, to get herself out of a contract she didn't wanna be in and gather Fame and sympathy.

Then when she didn't need it anymore, she damned the whole cause. She Miley Cyrus'd the metoo movement. See, it's don't just happen in rap.

Megyn Kelly is trash and always have been no matter how much they try to fashion her into Joan Lunden she is a racist bitch

...the notion that *every* woman must be believed is absurd.

i agree with this

however i notice people always bring up the black woman who lied on those lacrosse players as evidence that women lie about sexual assault. like that’s the only example they can provide huh?

they ain’t slick

Don't like this racist bitch but I agree.
Wtf is up with this believe the victim bs like you're supposed to automatically believe an accuser.

Even she said "most women tell the truth", tf?

Nah examine evidence just like with any other situation

This entire situation is generations of men denying it happening unless they see it for their own eyes and even then there a man who will try and defend it.

I suppose the movement is to encourage women to tell of their abuse and they will not be laughed at

This entire situation is generations of men denying it happening unless they see it for their own eyes and even then there a man who will try and defend it.

I suppose the movement is to encourage women to tell of their abuse and they will not be laughed at
Men might've been denying it but these hoes been lying and false accusing as well.
Investigate everything

There's a huge difference in the amount of women that lie Vs the women that have been raped.
Always wondered how they come up with these percentages. I mean a liars rarely admits they're, lying unless they're dead ass caught. So do they get their numbers by the amount of people caught with concrete proof?

i agree with this

however i notice people always bring up the black woman who lied on those lacrosse players as evidence that women lie about sexual assault. like that’s the only example they can provide huh?

they ain’t slick

They bring that one up because it was a national headline. The majority of women like this might make local or regional news, but this was a huge case. They could have easily said Tawana Bradley but her case was back in the 90's and wouldn't have the same relevance to people today. A quick google search would give them plenty of ammo depending on how harshly they wanted to portray false rape accusers and the damage they do to lives like this gent:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5837985/forklift-driver-took-own-life-false-rape-accusation/

"Ross Bullock, 38, met his accuser in February 2015 and the pair had sex at his workplace, before exchanging dozens of flirtatious messages.

But the following month Ross, from Redditch, Worcestershire, was arrested and questioned by cops, after the woman accused him of rape, according to the Mail On Sunday.

Mr Bullock showed officers the texts, including one exchange, where Mr Bullock asked: "Well I hope u had a good time," to which the woman replied: "It was alright I suppose!! X."

Police told him they wouldn't be taking action, but warned he could still be charged at a later date.

After a "year of torment", Mr Bullock hanged himself in the garage of his family home and left a note to say he had "hit rock bottom" and that he would be "free from this living hell"...
"

If they really wanted to go hard on the issue, this is the type of story they would push into the forefront, which leads me to believe they're not actually doing it to make the point that such accusations destroy lives, but they're doing it just to argue.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/megyn-k...ford-could-have-mistaken-kavanaughs-identity/

Megyn Kelly Defends Susan Collins From Critics: Christine Ford Could Have Mistaken Kavanaugh’s Identity

Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME) is taking some serious heat for her vote to confirm Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, but she’s receiving support from a prominent face of the #MeToo movement, Megyn Kelly.

During Tuesday’s airing of her self-titled NBC talk show, Kelly defended the senator who backed Kavanaugh despite allegations against him of predatory and drunken behavior, claiming the woman who accused him of sexual assault, Christine Blasey Ford, might’ve just been confused.

“It could have been a case of mistaken identity,” Kelly said. “I do believe that’s possible, and you can look at Dr. Ford and say, ‘She just didn’t convince me, there were too many holes in her story, I didn’t find her credible,’ or you could believe something did happen between them and Christine Ford is remembering more than actually happened in the moment.”

Kelly added that Rachel Mitchell, the sex crimes prosecutor hired by Senate Judiciary Committee Republicans to question Ford during her testimony last month, appeared to be “trying to prove that Dr. Ford was a little anxiety ridden and she was sort of what we call in the law an eggshell plaintiff, so maybe something happened but it wasn’t quite as bad as she remembers and it was so minimal that Brett Kavanaugh doesn’t even remember it.”

Kelly seemed to feel the backlash against Collins was unwarranted, saying “she just got killed” for her vote and that those looking at the Kavanaugh story as a black and white matter requiring 100 percent belief of disbelief of either party had it all wrong.

“It’s absurd,” Kelly remarked. “You can look at both of those testimonials and say, ‘I don’t believe it was him.'”

Last week, Collins delivered a key vote in securing the newly minted justice’s spot on the bench as the committee remained starkly divided over his confirmation.

However, Kelly implied Collins’ critics need to back off, stating, “there can be a way of voting for him without saying, ‘I’m voting for a sexual assaulter.'”

Back