Welcome To aBlackWeb

Meet this talented 21 y/o song writer

She had help on songs no doubt

But some of that can be chorus or somebody wants credit for a Bar

She can rap on her own though

She had help on songs no doubt

But some of that can be chorus or somebody wants credit for a Bar

She can rap on her own though

She can, but she's lazy with it like a lot of other cats out here these days and resorts to writers. What's the point of having writers if you can do it yourself?

Because these days we live in a society that makes a big ass deal about the ordinary and I grew up in an era that you had to actually do something special to get that recognition. It's not negative, it's just saying that she's not nearly as special as she's being presented. It's borderline "everyone gets a trophy".
I completely disagree. She is far from ordinary. How many people you know personally having her type of success? I know zero.

I completely disagree. She is far from ordinary. How many people you know personally having her type of success? I know zero.

I don't have to know anyone personally, I just have to know that there have been individuals that have had similar levels of success at or around her age. Again, Kandi Burruss is a perfect example with writing credits starting at 17 or 18.

Same way niggas used to big up cats like Soulja Boy, Lil Yachty, et al because they blew up as teenagers as if that was something special until us OG's had to remind y'all that LL, MC Lyte, Special Ed, Shyheim, etc were also teenagers when they came out on major labels AND were far more skilled as MC's than their contemporaries.

Last edited:
@Shotta How you gonna nosign me when the information is readily available?
Producers often get credited but doesn't mean they wrote the song. We don't know what deal she made with the producer or how much the producer contributed. You can't keep making speculations in your posts like it's factual. How you know she got lazy with it? Was you there?

And rappers are no different than singers....

Reality is constantly proving to us they are the same....

It's just the perception of certain fans.... Which ultimately doesn't matter in the long scheme of things.... If you're paying any kind of attention

Producers often get credited but doesn't mean they wrote the song. We don't know what deal she made with the producer or how much the producer contributed. You can't keep making speculations in your posts like it's factual. How you know she got lazy with it? Was you there?

She got lazy when she started using writers. If you're a skilled MC, there's no reason to ever need writers. Safaree is well known to have written for her on her first two albums; one track on the first, six on the second joint and he's nowhere near the only cat that's written for her.

You only get a writing credit if you actually wrote part of the song, not for making a beat; that get's you a production credit.

For what it's worth, I'm registered with BMI and I have a catalog of works published through BMI; I just might actually know how this shit works.

She got lazy when she started using writers. If you're a skilled MC, there's no reason to ever need writers. Safaree is well known to have written for her on her first two albums; one track on the first, six on the second joint and he's nowhere near the only cat that's written for her.

You only get a writing credit if you actually wrote part of the song, not for making a beat; that get's you a production credit.

For what it's worth, I'm registered with BMI and I have a catalog of works published through BMI; I just might actually know how this shit works.

So you don't think she put her nonworking boyfriend on the credits to secure him royalties. I'm not saying nobody write for her. What I'm saying is who are we to speculate and post like it's factual. I'm sure you can credit whoever you want to credit if all the actual creators are in agreement.

So you don't think she put her nonworking boyfriend on the credits to secure him royalties. I'm not saying nobody write for her. What I'm saying is who are we to speculate and post like it's factual. I'm sure you can credit whoever you want to credit if all the actual creators are in agreement.

You're arguing just to argue at this point.

You're arguing just to argue at this point.
tenor.gif

Back