Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Meek Mill - FLAMERZ 5

I don't know why Meek and his team thought that this was a good idea.

1. Meek isn't top dog but he's still a big rap artist, putting out music for free isn't the move. Plus, Meek's evolution as an artist has been lackluster, putting out stagnant material isn't going to generate interest like that, free or not.
2. The 'rapping over other people's beats/mixtape' era is damn near dead. People want to hear new music over new beats, unless you are Drake, Jay-z, or even Kanye. The general mass doesn't care to hear what Meek has to say over the 'God Did' instrumental lol.

I think Meek needs to take a step back and try a new sound, juggling with different flows. Perhaps a sound that is more reminiscent of the late 90s/early 00 East Coast feel with more of a bop somehow, someway... and stay off the high pitch/yelling shit lol.

1. Meek isn't top dog but he's still a big rap artist, putting out music for free isn't the move. Plus, Meek's evolution as an artist has been lackluster, putting out stagnant material isn't going to generate interest like that, free or not.
2. The 'rapping over other people's beats/mixtape' era is damn near dead. People want to hear new music over new beats, unless you are Drake, Jay-z, or even Kanye. The general mass doesn't care to hear what Meek has to say over the 'God Did' instrumental lol.

I think Meek needs to take a step back and try a new sound, juggling with different flows. Perhaps a sound that is more reminiscent of the late 90s/early 00 East Coast feel with more of a bop somehow, someway... and stay off the high pitch/yelling shit lol.
You showing your age with this post bro lol.

Smh .

nah, people actually want the mixtape era bac and this nigga was at one point was considered one of the hottest mixtape rappers in the game, so i can understand why he'd capitalize on that. He just trying to restore the feeling 🤷🏾‍♂️ I hope we see some other artist follow suit to after him and Jeezy have done it . Niggas got me hoping for a new Wayne drop now

Correct me if I am wrong, but Jeezy's project is original material. Plus they put it out like an album, no? They are making money off of it.

An artist of Meek's calibre shouldn't be putting shit out for free to generate interest was one of the points I was making. And if there's a need to bring the mixtape era back, cool, but he's the wrong one to lead that. No hate, I am just saying.

Back