Welcome To aBlackWeb

But it doesn't make sense he'd give the more powerful weapon away just for nostalgic purposes

He had Mjolnir for centuries and thought it was destroyed forever. I can understand him wanting to wield it over Stormbreaker.

Everyone of these released so far with some more Gorr and less dumbass humor would've elevated this film.
I really didn't know anything about the giobutcher saga besides YouTube overview videos but I e just now started reading I'm 7chaoters in I'm about to start the god bomb chapters and man this shit is epic. Who in the hells dumb ass idea was it to greenlight love and thunder. They could've done god utcher justice with some alterations like they did with civil war, the infinity saga etc. They never showed hire actually butchering gids just bodies and it wasn't so gory and yeah it's has a decapitated head of a god but didn't Thor decapitate thanks. A three hour long movie with young Thor , modern Thor and elderly king Thor meeting up would've been dope.. they could've found another origin for all black besides the symbiote and make it work. It makes me wish marvel had the rights to symbiotes.

1) Seeing the early concept art for Gorr makes me wonder why in the hell they went the direction they did. I had no problem with him when I saw the movie, but the other shit is unquestionably better.

2) People saying the movie is bad are being too simplistic. It's not bad. It's just not what a lot of people wanted. If you like goofy shit, you'll probably like this movie.

1) Seeing the early concept art for Gorr makes me wonder why in the hell they went the direction they did. I had no problem with him when I saw the movie, but the other shit is unquestionably better.

2) People saying the movie is bad are being too simplistic. It's not bad. It's just not what a lot of people wanted. If you like goofy shit, you'll probably like this movie.
"I was coming off of a film where it had been necessary to be sort of rather lacking in muscle," said Bale, as reported by ComicBook.com. "And then I saw the images and thought, 'Well, that's not gonna be possible... and this g-string thing that's going on there.' He looked in the comic books like physically, you know, someone to reckon with though."
He continued, "And I said, 'Well, you know, that's just not gonna be possible in the state I'm in. And we literally have three days between me finishing one film and heading over to Australia for the quarantine and whatnot. I like to usually have much more time in between, but the pandemic meant that things got worked out that way."
Bale went on to say that both he and director Taika Waititi were able to find a fresh direction for Gorr the God Butcher, despite the limited time to prepare. While the film's version of the villain won't show nearly as much skin, they decided to "go with the supernatural powers that he does have, that he gets from the Necro sword, et cetera, which I think works really effectively," Bale said. According to Waititi, Bale's depiction of Gorr will make for the best villain the MCU has seen so far.

Back