Welcome To aBlackWeb

aight...so...im back

let me start off by saying i was just kidding obviously by the not liking women part

however, i do feel that the reason a lot of dudes didnt like the show is b/c they viewed the show as JJ being a comic book "hero" instead of a victim of rape and abuse, so when the action scenes weren't in abundance, people wrote it off as being boring.

Yeah, at some point, Killgrave admits that he stopped using his mind control over her, but up until that point, she didnt know that, and to have someone force themselves on you and force you to a drunken stupor just to numb the pain away will have a toll on anyone in her position

NOW

if i know the ABW, the response is gonna be something like "aint nobody thinking about it on that level, you trying to be too deep"...maybe, but it also wasnt a show about her just beating up villains to save the day

She is a detective and i thought the show, for the most part, did handle that aspect very well with her detective shit. It wasnt as action packed as say Luke Cage, but it doesnt have to be either.

She is a detective and i thought the show, for the most part, did handle that aspect very well with her detective shit. It wasnt as action packed as say Luke Cage, but it doesnt have to be either.

I can admit when she wasn't doing her "woe is me" routine, her detective work was pretty good.

I fucked with it more then Luke Cage

tenor.gif

then explain what you mean by woe is me

lets start there

All the characters (Luke,DD, etc) went threw some shit at some point in their lives, but they wasn't depressing fucks for their whole seasons. When the villains are far more interesting and compelling, your doing something wrong.

All the characters (Luke,DD, etc) went threw some shit at some point in their lives, but they wasn't depressing fucks for their whole seasons. When the villains are far more interesting and compelling, your doing something wrong.
idk man

i empathize with JJ b/c while i know its a work of fiction, i cant imagine how a woman feels with absolutely NO control over her life, decisions, etc...

i cant imagine wanting things to stop and feel so powerless to make those things come to a stop

so, while she was on her "woe is me", i saw it more as her coming to the idea that she could overcome her travesty and not let it continue to guide her life.

idk man

i empathize with JJ b/c while i know its a work of fiction, i cant imagine how a woman feels with absolutely NO control over her life, decisions, etc...

i cant imagine wanting things to stop and feel so powerless to make those things come to a stop

so, while she was on her "woe is me", i saw it more as her coming to the idea that she could overcome her travesty and not let it continue to guide her life.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what she was doing the whole season, she let that situation guide her life

Back