Welcome To aBlackWeb

Married folks/people in relationships: What attracted you to your SO?

Golden

Administrator
Doesn't have to be a relationship, you can participate in this thread if you're just dating someone special too.

I get whatever I want... Sold!

Lol we had a lot in common, music wise, religious wise, family wise etc. plus we were young and dumb and the sex was good
<<>>

Her looks, first time I saw her I was on a mission to smash. When we started talking she wasn't about the bullshit and showed her intelligent side on that first phone call we had. It's a combo of beauty and brains

He was persistent to the death, put me in my place, attractive, intelligent, ambitious and made me smile.

Persistence:

I was fresh out of a 13 year relationship and wanted to have fun for a while. I was with my first since I was in middle school so I was all for the single life. I wanted to just be friends, hubby wasn't having it at the time, not even a little bit. he stuck around for over 6 months until I finally gave in to a test run relationship ha, then he stuck around another year after that before I let him meet my children.

Put me in my place:

I was independent and took care of everyone in my family, moms and brothers included- So I was ran the world in this BIOTCH, hubby came and shut down shop, telling folks to get off they @$$, assisting them in the MAN department (my brothers) - , just rearranging my ish.

And when I'd have an objection or try my "I got this" line, he'd shut me down with one sentence " Am I or am I not your King?"

YEP as corny as it may sound... that was a wrap.

She came around at a time where I was going thru issues from a previous relationship. We liked a lot of similar things. Both had the same kinda mindframe when it comes relationships, sex, and stuff. Was more open minded than anyone else I was wit. Was the one person in my corner when i was going thru that drama, and saw things from a big picture pov.

Started off as friends, then fwb, then relationship. Looked out for a brotha when I went thru a MRSA infection, cancer situation with my Dad, and me having both types of flus at the same time. I know previous ones I dealt with wouldn't have been there for me like that.

Back