Welcome To aBlackWeb

Maintaining A Relationship

Goldie

I Just Want Some Chips
Site Owner
What are the basics that every person needs to know in order to maintain a strong relationship?​

Good answer, but when you're not biting your tongue and speaking ur mind are u not loving them for their faults and trying to change them? :think2:

Checking your insecurities at the door.
To me it's baggage going from relationship to relationship with certain insecurities.

compromise
growth
understanding and not just listening/hearing
let things go without bringing it back up (everything doesn't need to be an argument)
silent treatment for no more than 24 hrs....talk about it when you're both calm

don't confide in your friends/families about everything right and wrong good and bad in your relationship.

Give eachother space and not crowd eachother 24/7.
Don't change eachother to a point just because yall are together now as if you have too. If you were enjoying eachothers company and yall dynamic when you first started talking to eachother keep doing yall own thing if it works.
Keeping comfortable enough to speak about anything word to @Reesey and brutal honesty without a need to judge eachothe.
Keep everyone out yall business especially single mofuckas.

1. Communicate.

Don't ask for communication then go silent when the other person starts talking.

2. Consistency, consistency, consistency.

Start at a level and maintain it. If you can't, this goes back to the first one, TALK about that shit. A simple, "Hey, you know how I said I'm always down to give head? I lied. My jaws hurt" or similarly "You know how I said I was a beast with the jigsaw? I made one birdhouse in woodshop in 9th grade, and I been hiring my boy to put the furniture together while you were at work." Don't fall off AND then talk about it. Address it as soon as you feel it.

3. Secure your mate.

One person can't do all the calling, texting, snapping, messaging, etc. giving blow-by-blow updates. Two-way street. If you feel 100% that he or she isn't with the shits, ask yourself ASAP do they feel like that about me. If you aren't matching securing actions, even if they aren't complaining, they're damn sure looking at you some kind of way, especially if YOU needed the reassurances in the first place and they modified behavior to provide that security.

4. I disagree with talking to family. Talk to them.

Let them know you're going to do what you do, but the input sometimes helps put shit in perspective. You asking your dumb-ass friends/random internet people for advice when you got a whole 50/60/70-year-old mom/dad who's seen every curve ball in the game. Who's more reliable in a fight: someone whose fought the same fights, watched film of their fights, and won the rest or someone in a fight taking the same punches you are in a different ring trying to tell you how to duck while getting punched?

communication.

without it you dont know if you have trust or honesty.

Understanding.

understand how empathy and sympathy works. we all need something. Just because 1 person needs a certain thing doesnt make them weaker than another person.

Small talk.

A simple call to check up on them. see how their life is going.

if you dont have or are willing to do any of these even when it doesnt come back to you immediately...then you are selfish and not worth a relationship.

Back