Madonna Says Beyonce <<<<<

How do we rate these chicks?

Album sales?
Tour numbers?
Number one songs?

Bey gotta be top 5 in those categories.

choose-your-battles-wisely-because-if-you-fight-them-all-5886059.png
Beat words to live by

I'm tired of this generation. Credit where its due, they are passionate and down for a variety of causes. That's cool, but got damn, they make mountains out of molehills like it's a profession. That was a corny ass tweet from Madonna, but to harp on the use of the word master knowing damn well that wasn't the context is just stupid.

How do we rate these chicks?

Album sales?
Tour numbers?
Number one songs?

Bey gotta be top 5 in those categories.
All-time selling Female Artists...
https://www.billboard.com/charts/greatest-billboard-200-women-artists

#1 Barbara Streisand
#2 Taylor Swift
#3 Mariah Caery
#4 Whitney Houston
#5 Madonna
#6 Adele
#7 Celine Dion
#8 Janet Jackson
#9 Myley Cyrus
#10 Carole King
#11 Britney Spears
#12 Carrie Underwood
#13 RiRi
#14 Beyonce

Damn, Rihanna already surpassed Beyonce and she started like 10 years late.

I could probably name more Madonna singles than Beyonce TBH. Madonna's longevity in the pop game was (and still is) ridiculously long, and she's done pretty much all that one could do in pop music.

I'd struggle to name Beyonce singles without veering into Destiny's Child territory, and I genuinely think Beyonce is at the status she is now by default because the result of pop music is so bad. Single Ladies, Crazy in Love and Halo might still get played in 20 years time, but put that against Like A Prayer, Papa Don't Preach, Frozen, Ray of Light, Music, Hung Up, Vogue, Don't Tell Me, etc.

In the 90s you still had Janet Jackson, Mariah Carey, Britney, Whitney Houston, Christina Aguilera, etc that could challenge Madonna. Who is challenging Beyonce? Taylor Swift? RiRi? Adele? Katy fucking Perry? There isn't really anyone at that level these days.

Last edited:
I'm tired of this generation. Credit where its due, they are passionate and down for a variety of causes. That's cool, but got damn, they make mountains out of molehills like it's a profession. That was a corny ass tweet from Madonna, but to harp on the use of the word master knowing damn well that wasn't the context is just stupid.

Is it? Let's assume Madonna isn't a moron. Use your imagination. If she is willing to use language that I, and probably most other people who have internet, know is outright offensive, then what else is she willing to do to deliberately irk Black folks or hurt the Black cause?

For Madonna's entire career, she was criticized for being slutty and promoting sexuality. If Boy George came out tomorrow and called himself Madonna's pimp, in that same way, feelings would definitely be caught, because there are a context and a history there. At the Billboard awards¹, Madonna got on her soapbox about sexism. Fans of Madonna got salty when Sheryl Crow criticized her for being a whore². So, if Madonna demands some kind of tact and sensibility when addressing the sexuality of her music, why is it wrong to demand the same when she talks about Black artists?

References:
1. https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...ism-billboard-women-in-music-awards/95220036/
2. http://observer.com/2017/04/sheryl-crow-madonna-slut-shaming-feminism/

Sion being disingenuous bout the amount of difficulty madonna went thru to be who she is.

In fact if madonna hadnt done it first and normalized it, Bey would be crossing mountains and valleys to be an icon.

Madonna being who she is saved female pop artist alot of unnecessary prostituting

I don't think a lot of y'all considering Beyonce's influence on TODAY'S society and youth because I see people comparing the 80s to an era incomparable.

Whitney, Janet, Tina, mariah, all influenced their respective eras and are legends but y'all are fuckin HATING to say Beyonce hasn't had that effect on today's society. Shes definitely kept herself on top and avoided a lot of the mistakes they didn't. Beyonce has made words and solidified them into the fucking dictionary, crazy in love will forever be known for the "uh oh" dance, Beyonce is hailed as a standard "get you a Beyonce", dozens of dozens of records sold, FASHION ICON for women undisputedly, musical icon, etc

Beyonce
Rihanna
Taylor Swift
Adele
Jhene Aiko

They're the women who move the needle in music TODAY like them or not. You don't have to like Beyonce but niggas out here tryna right her off like she isn't THE number one female musical artist in the world.

Fam.

giphy (39).gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that Madonna is an icon without question but my stance is that Beyonce IS the biggest artist in the world today and the only one still alive that can be considered this era's Michael Jackson. She is NOT Michael Jackson btw.

Madonna paved the way just like James Brown and Stevie Wonder paved the way but to downplay Beyonce's impact and influence on the world today because niggas just don't like her is ridiculous.

In the end the point is that if it werent for Jody Watley, Janet and Madonna having to do what they had to do....

Beyonce deserves props yes, but lets not act like she wasnt chosen for her position while those before her had to fuck for it.

Who would you say are the top 5 biggest female artists in the world right now ? Where if they dropped an album tomorrow it'd sell out and have been here more than 5 years ??

Off top Carrie Underwood, pink, Kelly Clarkson, nicki minaj, selena gomez along with the artists you named are bigger. Jhene Aiko doesn't even qualify for a top 10. And I'm a fan. Stop it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rhianna, Taylor Swift, Adele, Bey and somebody else.
Jazmine Sullivan should be in there the way she sangs. She doesn't get enough respect or maybe the success she deserves. Have you seen her lately btw? She's lost about 60lbs.

Always has been beautiful in my eyes regardless of her weight.

Back