EXHIBIT A

I went to the high school about 3 o’clock
Tryin’ to catch a cutie riding my jock.
My homeboy’s Jeep, system blastin’
Cold 40 dog, smilin’, laughin’
Girls all over, the kind I adore
I felt like a kid in a candy store
That’s when I seen her, her name was Brenda
She had the kinda booty that I’d always remember.
I said to my man, ”Stop the Jeep
She’s only 17, but yo, don’t sleep.“

Skip to 1:16

EXHIBIT B

Backstage, underaged adolescent
“How ya doing?”
”Fine”, she replied
I sighed, “I’d like to do the wild thing.”
Action took place
Kinda wet
Don’t forget
The J, the I, the M, the M, the Y
Yo, I need a body bag.

Skip to 2:05

EXHIBIT C

Now either hittin’ switches
Or hangin’ at the high school , gettin’ at them young bitches.

Skip to 2:04

Can y’all think of anymore lyrics from the past that would get you “canceled” today.

Last edited:

EXHIBIT B

Backstage, underaged adolescent
“How ya doing?”
”Fine”, she replied
I sighed, “I’d like to do the wild thing.”
Action took place
Kinda wet
Don’t forget
The J, the I, the M, the M, the Y
Yo, I need a body bag.

Skip to 2:05

Can y’all think of anymore lyrics from the past that would get you “canceled” today.

I saw an interview recently, I think it was Ricky Bell from New Edition, he said Busta Rhymes wrote that "backstage..." verse. Apparently those Bell Biv Devoe songs were ghost produced by The Bomb Squad. Also Chuck D came up with the name Leaders of the New School.

"Hanging at the high school gettin at them young bitches" is hilariously ignorant....I'm not even gonna put one up...that shit is wild. But for the sake of the thread...every eminem "fag" bar from early 2000s

I don't know. It seems like rappers nowadays are dropping the same type of lyrics and still existing. The lyrics just aren't as good.
Nah.
LL Cool J was already a multi platinum selling artist when BIG OLE BUTT came out.
Think about it : A hip hop superstar (22 years old at the time) with a hit record where he goes into explicit detail about going to the high school looking for girls to smash.
Then he specifically sets his sights on a 17 year old student.
C’mon, ain’t no mainstream rap stars droppin’ lyrics like that today.
Radio wouldn’t play that today.
And those lyrics didn’t even get censored when that song came out.

Pretty much anything from Eminem’s first 3 albums would get him canceled today

DMX would be outta here for that rape bar on X is Coming

Snoop would be canceled for “Ain’t no Fun” and a lot of other shit

Any rapper that tried to pull off the Pimp persona would be gone too

Shit came in here, say just this.

Hella talk on rape, assault on women. I don't know how that shit was allowed to fly (actually I do know).

Biggie had some messed up bars too about rape and kids, i think (can't remember the tunes)

No Vaseline

Then again, the whole PMRC vs 2Live Crew was going on in the early 90s. Americans as a whole felt that a warning sticker is the proper way to deal with controversial lyrics. At the end of the day, nobody wanted censorship, or, there should be a censored version for people under 18, while people over 18 are mature enough to analyze lyrics and draw their own conclusions.

First time in webster hall walked into the reggae section and saw trannys jamming out to boom bye bye
Never been back
If you read the comments on the T.O.K song, you can see a lot of gay dudes pretty much appropriating the song for themselves.

On the evening of April 11, 1992, 19-year old Ronald Ray Howard shot Texas State Trooper Bill Davidson in the neck after being pulled over for a broken headlight. The car was stolen and police found Howard's dubbed copy of Tupac's new tape in the tape deck, providing the police and Davidson's widow with a great story: Tupac's music was responsible for the killing. "There isn't any doubt in my mind that my husband would still be alive if Tupac hadn't written these violent, anti-police songs and the companies involved hadn't published and put them out on the street," said Linda Davidson in a Los Angeles Times interview.

The song 'Soulja's Story' was singled out as particularly unsettling. "They finally pull me over and I laugh/ remember Rodney King and I blast on his punk-ass," was the frequently cited passage in newspapers. The lyrics that immediately preceded it were conveniently omitted, removing the context of what is essentially a cautionary tale of two brothers and a prison escape (inspired by the story of Soledad Brothers George and Jonathan Jackson): "Crack done took a part of my family tree/ My momma's on the shit, my daddy split, and my mom is blaming me/ Is it my fault just because I'm a young black male?/ Cops sweat me as if my destiny is makin' crack sales."

They tried to shut down controversial lyrics, but that's what people want to hear.

If you read the comments on the T.O.K song, you can see a lot of gay dudes pretty much appropriating the song for themselves.
Idrc but shit is weird
I remember seeing young m.a. dancing to some dancehall years ago which I'm pretty sure had some anti her lyrics. Guess being from bk and growing up around the music superseded the anti fruity lyrics.

They can get niggaz banned from the states for making them songs and still dance to it in the end.
Crazy world

Pretty much anything from Eminem’s first 3 albums would get him canceled today

DMX would be outta here for that rape bar on X is Coming

Snoop would be canceled for “Ain’t no Fun” and a lot of other shit

Any rapper that tried to pull off the Pimp persona would be gone too

Came in here to say this. I was telling my girl about that bar recently when we was watching that Ruff Ryders joint on BET. Those bars are WILD. No way would X be able to get away with that today.

Back