Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Man in tweed is back !!

PRAISE: 4 years has been far to long to have DCI John Luther in the MIA column of pop culture.
But I'm glad he's back in action in Luther: The Fallen Sun. This time around A serial killer terrorizes London while disgraced detective John Luther(Idris Elba) sits behind bars. Haunted by his failure to capture the cyber psychopath who now taunts him, Luther decides to break out of prison to finish the job by any means necessary.
The cast including: Cynthia Erivo · Andy Serkis (Looking a bit like Joe Pesci did in JFK)David Robey Martin Schenk and Archie Woodward do a fantastic job.
Writer Neal cross has written another white knuckle ride perfectly weaving the dark web,and a diabolical and sadistic killer who plays on fear and shame to carry out horrible situations. The tension is raised to nearly overwhelming levels especially in a standout out scene that was harrowing and involving. One of the best I've seen in a thriller like this. Some of it reminded me of Ed Piksor's great Red Room graphic novels. Though I would have liked more of Luther dealing with his own past and pushing his pursuits of bad people to the limit there is enough here for it to be effective.

PROBLEMS : Some predictable turns and suspension of disbelief was pushed to the limit several times.

Scale of 1 to 10 an 8

Just watched it.

I did peep a 10 minute recap on YouTube that covers the entire series because I only watched season 1 way back.

The movie is decent but there some obvious and eye rolling plot holes.

Idris was on point with the acting and Andy Serkis was a great villain.

There's also some James Bond shade in a scene which I thought was hilarious. I won't spoil it but you'll probably know what I'm referring to when you watch the film

I'd say it's worth 2 hours of yall time.

Back