Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix Lupin: Part 3

Why didn't you use the English trailer?

Anyway, from the name I thought it was some live action Lupin the 3rd shit. It's clearly not, but...maybe inspired by it? I don't know.

It is loosely based upon the original Arsene Lupin, a French litterary novel antihero.

Lupin the 3rd is a Japanese expy from the older Lupin, same as the Tuxedo Mask in 'Sailor Moon' or Kaito Kid in 'Detective Conan' .

Do the French version got CC

Cuz that horrible ass voice over w/ Michael Jai White is a no go.
Michael Jai White??? LMAO!!!! ?????

Why did the U.S. English dubbing team haven't asked Omar Sy to double his own voice?? Nigga played in two Hollywood movies in the previous decade (the mutant Bishop in 2014 movie 'X-Men: Past Of The Future Days' then the black zookeeper guy in 'Jurassic World') and speak fluently in English.

In the European French dub, Jodie Foster double sometimes her own voice and she's pretty good at it. Can't tell the same about Vin Diesel whem he dubbed Groot in both the European French and Canadian French dub. "Je s'appelle Groot" WTF? Everyone at the Francophonie laugh at Groot because of that.

Michael Jai White' voice range is not a good fit for Omar Sy's.

Omar is not that virile, neither rugged sounding: he's suave, boyish, too French.

That voice over is trash and I don't watch movies or shows with sub titles, this movie a no for me.

Lol, do you imagine how much effort we French speakers and multilinguals does while listening to U.S. and British shows and films in their original language version?

:cry:

Why didn't you use the English trailer?

Anyway, from the name I thought it was some live action Lupin the 3rd shit. It's clearly not, but...maybe inspired by it? I don't know.

The dubbed voice sounded weird to me at the first second I hear it. The fact that it was M.J.W.'s voice haven't help.

Sorry... I am not used yet to hear French speaking series or films dubbed in other languages. ?

Random but I noticed from the few french shows Ive watched they cast flashback characters really well. Like the resemblances are crazy.

Back