Welcome To aBlackWeb

Love or Respect?

Can y'all tell the difference from a good actor? If you acting respectful or displaying love and it's sold what difference does it make?

I can see where you coming from. So the whole concept that a person may be moving fron a primitive aspect is based off of illusion to enforce respect. Same time though if a person is acting and you don't know it, what's the difference?
If you live in love it’s very noticeable when actions around you aren’t based in love. Once you gain that keen awareness. Realize people that don’t move on certain things, do so out of fear of consequences. Don’t give them chances to test that theory. When they test that theory, confirm their suspicions.

If you live in love it’s very noticeable when actions around you aren’t based in love. Once you gain that keen awareness. Realize people that don’t move on certain things, do so out of fear of consequences. Don’t give them chances to test that theory. When they test that theory, confirm their suspicions.
I see where you coming from. Same shit when a person ways they looking for a god fearing man or woman. The shit is rooted in illusion or an act.

I see where you coming from. Same shit when a person ways they looking for a god fearing man or woman. The shit is rooted in illusion or an act.
Yea, in those cases it’s not about god, it’s about gods commandments. It’s about them being faithful and truthful. Hoping that if they fear god they fear the consequences of breaking god’s commandments. So it’s like saying I want someone that fears going to hell if they don’t do what they are supposed to do with me and our relationship. Instead of saying I want someone capable of doing that by choice because they are capable of love.

There's ppl here defining love as romantic love.

There's also love in the sense of compassion and empathy. Which is far more meaningful.

I'm sure most of us have done some bad things to the people we love, but it's difficult to treat another like shit if you genuinely have love for them. If you love there's gotta be some respect shown to qualify that love.

It's far easier to treat another like shit even there's respect. Respect doesn't rely on love, or compassion or sensitivity. It could be respect out of fear, reprisal, idolatry, etc.

I think I'd much rather live in a world filled with love.

There's ppl here defining love as romantic love.

There's also love in the sense of compassion and empathy. Which is far more meaningful.

I'm sure most of us have done some bad things to the people we love, but it's difficult to treat another like shit if you genuinely have love for them. If you love there's gotta be some respect shown to qualify that love.

It's far easier to treat another like shit even there's respect. Respect doesn't rely on love, or compassion or sensitivity. It could be respect out of fear, reprisal, idolatry, etc.

I think I'd much rather live in a world filled with love.
People really don’t understand love and respect and it explains why so many people have such shitty relationships, be it romantic, familial or friendship

Yea, in those cases it’s not about god, it’s about gods commandments. It’s about them being faithful and truthful. Hoping that if they fear god they fear the consequences of breaking god’s commandments. So it’s like saying I want someone that fears going to hell if they don’t do what they are supposed to do with me and our relationship. Instead of saying I want someone capable of doing that by choice because they are capable of love.
FEAR is false expectations appearing real. Ultimately anything based off of fear is not real. You only go through the motions because you are scared of the consequences.

People really don’t understand love and respect and it explains why so many people have such shitty relationships, be it romantic, familial or friendship

There's just a lot of dysfunction in society in general. Im here feeling like adults should be schooled, mentored and given guidance just as much as the youth are. Cuz some adults acting more like children than actual kids.

I don't think you can have true love without first getting respect. That said, I don't need love from most people.

Family - Love
Everybody else - Respect

Sure

My thing is love and respect aint mutually exclusive

if you're cheating on the one you love that's not respect
If you’re cheating on them then you don’t love them. You may think you do, but you don’t. Because that brings harm to them, and you don’t bring harm to someone you love for your own selfish reasons. That’s me tho

If you’re cheating on them then you don’t love them. You may think you do, but you don’t. Because that brings harm to them, and you don’t bring harm to someone you love for your own selfish reasons. That’s me tho
Ehhh you can LOVE someone and not be confined to the social construct of monogamy... im living proof. Of course, that would hurt them if they find out, but the love is at work when you do everything in your power to never show signs unfaithfulness, to protect their feelings, trust etc. You're with them saying and doing all the right things a significant other does, you just don't want to be faithful, in my opinion you can still claim you love that person... The cheating is disrespectful no matter how you slice it, but it doesn't nullify the love you have

So there's my case for love and respect not being the same

Back