Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Lil Wayne - Tha Carter V

Rate "Tha Carter 5"

• Total voters
But the GOATS got him up there though
The actual GOATs of hip hop have labeled him as a fellow GOAT, so it’s undeniable that Lil Wayne is one of the GOATs.

WHO? idgaf about another nigga political response wayne aint no fucking goat lets not go bar for bar on why i can drop more hot trash than you post shit you think is acceptable

I'm not a Wayne stan I'm just being objective. I've always been vocal about his success and hailed him as a top artist. I've always said if Wayne went tomorrow he'd be declared a GOAT and his body of work is there to prove it. You don't have to like him but you gotta respect it. I love Wayne's records. He did a lot for the game and he influenced a lot of rappers too.

The IC last year said otherwise tho since 2000..we need Tournament here at ABW you need to start it up @Sion ...lol

Lil Wayne is one of the Greatest of All Time and this is undisputed. Purists don't like it but it's the truth.

Why can't he put a simple verse together anymore? Yall keep calling this fuck nigga berthing crack baby a goat

But goats skills dont all of the sudden go poof there popularity just fades even ll cool j drops a fire verse when he decides to put a lil something out jay-z still spitting at a high clip and has evolved with his music

And this type off musical fall off speaks volumes to the ghost writing allegations

Why can't he put a simple verse together anymore? Yall keep calling this fuck nigga berthing crack baby a goat

But goats skills dont all of the sudden go poof there popularity just fades even ll cool j drops a fire verse when he decides to put a lil something out jay-z still spitting at a high clip and has evolved with his music

And this type off musical fall off speaks volumes to the ghost writing allegations

He has plenty of good verses recently and has a couple on that album him and 2 Chainz put out

How is Birdman losing anything?

I thought this nigga would never catch any type of L when it comes to ppl that worked for him

There is a catch. Everything that's been sold as YM so far Birdman still gets a slice of. But anything that's dropped from now on that's on YM is solely Wayne's. C5 is the first project to drop from YM. Interested in seeing if Drake and Nicki's future project will still be YM. No YM album from now on will have a CM logo at the bottom corner, only YM. So we'll see.

Just read that Wayne is officially the sole owner of YM. Props.
Lil Wayne Is Now the Sole Owner of Young Money

After a lengthy battle with Cash Money — his label home for his entire, decades long career — Lil Wayneis now the proud owner of Young Money, his longtime imprint. In a new Billboard cover story, Wayne reveals that he settled for an undisclosed sum, ownership of the imprint he founded and the retained its distribution deal with Republic. As a result, he will be releasing the long-awaited Tha Carter V. According to the Weezy, he didn’t let the legal drama phase him.

“I didn’t let it get to me too much,” Wayne shared. “Just the confidence in knowing that there’s always a tomorrow and I’m going to make sure that tomorrow is bright. Some people can’t go on [like] that, like, ‘OK, tomorrow will be better.’ They need it to be better right now. And thank God I didn’t, and I never did.”

I'm not a Wayne stan I'm just being objective. I've always been vocal about his success and hailed him as a top artist. I've always said if Wayne went tomorrow he'd be declared a GOAT and his body of work is there to prove it. You don't have to like him but you gotta respect it. I love Wayne's records. He did a lot for the game and he influenced a lot of rappers too.
He's definitely influential but that doesn't make him the goat. influence can be a factor when arguing who is the goat, but wayne doesn't have the undisputed classic like a jay, nas, big, pac, etc. do

He's definitely influential but that doesn't make him the goat. influence can be a factor when arguing who is the goat, but wayne doesn't have the undisputed classic like a jay, nas, big, pac, etc. do

Carter 2 and 1 are fucking rapping at its finest.

Bling bling, cash money, young money, Drake and Nicki Minaj. C1,C2, C3 especially C3. A long ass discography if you include mixtapes, classic songs. He has the body of work to back up a claim.

In terms of undisputed classics it depends what generation you ask. People born in the mid to latter 90s gonna say Wayne has classics same way they're saying Drake and Travis Scott do. Whether you like him or not why can Kanye West, Ice Cube, Kendrick or J. Cole be in the conversation but not Lil Wayne ? Wayne is a GOAT without question.

Carter 3 was a creative project that I rock with heavy

So Wayne is still signed to Cash Money smh.

If I were Drake I wouldn't ever sign back to any of them why at this point ? Especially if you bigger than them ? Drake said he's a free agent after Scorpion. He could get a bigger deal from Livenation and keep all his masters.

Hes going to keep his masters regardless

I refuse to believe Birdman doesn't have his hands in Drake's cookie jar nh LOLOL

If he owed Wayne $52 million I can only imagine what he owes Drake and Nicki. Tyga said Birdman owes him like $21 million....

He gon own the masters though.

Last edited:
So Wayne is still signed to Cash Money smh.

If I were Drake I wouldn't ever sign back to any of them why at this point ? Especially if you bigger than them ? Drake said he's a free agent after Scorpion. He could get a bigger deal from Livenation and keep all his masters.

The first thing Wayne did was get released from CM

Back