Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Lil Wayne - Tha Carter V

Rate "Tha Carter 5"

• Total voters
Imma let the shit breathe and not rush to judgement ,but I'm just not getting that feeling (pause) off my first 2 listens.

Sometimes you gotta just vibe out.

I'mma see how I feel about it after throwing it on in the whip and hitting the city.

Came in with low expectations.. I was ready to come in the thread and bash this shit.. But I'm fucking with it. Wayne's flow seemed back.. Not much of the whiny shit. I don't even mind some of his singing. Maybe its cause I wasnt expecting much but this def has some replay value. I never thought Wayne was lyrical like some people but his flow and wordplay was always top notch until he took a turn for the worst. Not many pussy bars on this lol and he actually attempting to talk about something on some tracks.. I'm surprisingly satisfied.

The songs right after Mona Lisa was introspective lol

Open Letter? Famous? Niggas can't say he was just saying anything on this album.
I'll give you open letter kinda, but not famous. Sounds like he just took a basic plight of a famous person and rapped about it. I need details about personal life. It's hints of introspection without really going there. I need Wayne to go there.
I think it just a generational thing, his era didnt really do that.

Imma let the shit breathe and not rush to judgement ,but I'm just not getting that feeling (pause) off my first 2 listens.

Sometimes you gotta just vibe out.

I'mma see how I feel about it after throwing it on in the whip and hitting the city.
I'm giving it to 2k test.

I done more pausing then playing so its good money so far

I like that he wasn't chasing singles like I thought he would. Feels more like Mixtape Weezy/Tunechi than Lil Wayne

Only 2 songs that I'm not feeling, the rest goes.

Going into rotation

Just heard Dont Cry

Wayne sound like he had a stroke.

But its a decent song. Bars are lacking tho

The first song kinda turned me off.I was already like "This ain't gonna be as good as the other carters"

Wayne's voice is all froggy and drugged out out on that XXX song.

Mannnnnnnnnn I really wish we had more than 2 tracks of Mannie Fresh showing what he can do with modern synths

GOAT melodic southern producer and its not even close; sorry Zaytoven

Wayne need to do a whole album with Mannie again now that He Who Must Not Be Named is out of the way.

Had this spinning all night and this morning.

Even with all the songs this is still a good album.

He didn’t just make a do I sell dope album or some off the wall new shit.

A lot of rapping and I can dig that

I'll give you open letter kinda, but not famous. Sounds like he just took a basic plight of a famous person and rapped about it. I need details about personal life. It's hints of introspection without really going there. I need Wayne to go there.
I think it just a generational thing, his era didnt really do that.

I'll give u "famous" kinda lol but "open letter"?!? That was one of the realest tracks he ever made.

Listening to Start this Shit Off like

source.gif

Last edited:
Yeah....these bars trash.

Some fire beats. But this migga playing.

And whoever told Wayne singing on a track was cool need to be shot.

CS Chi, i see what wayne is doing with the ashanti track.

Ashanti in a bikini in the video on a party type track>>>>>>>

Back