Welcome To aBlackWeb

LGBTQ Terrorists force Halle Berry to give up movie role

View attachment 312712

Point taken.

So, you do understand how we feel then?

You're just glad that we're getting a taste of our own medicine.

Ok, makes sense now.

I'd feel the same way if I was Jamaican.
Nah
U still don't get it
This ain't no tit for tat. Jamaicans knew y'all wasn't Jamaican but we still loved the movie because we're a dot on the map yet people respected what we did with the bobsled thing and made a movie out of it IN Jamaica. Would've been nice to have authentic JA actors but the actors were still black so it is what it is.

Y'all bitchin about british actors saying they didn't have the same experiences make no sense when black people face racism everywhere and again the British actors sound exactly like americans.

Nah
U still don't get it
This ain't no tit for tat. Jamaicans knew y'all wasn't Jamaican but we still loved the movie because we're a dot on the map yet people respected what we did with the bobsled thing and made a movie out of it IN Jamaica. Would've been nice to have authentic JA actors but the actors were still black so it is what it is.

Y'all bitchin about british actors saying they didn't have the same experiences make no sense when black people face racism everywhere and again the British actors sound exactly like americans.
i was with you til you said we sound like brits.

dont be offensive

Nah
U still don't get it

The Black British actors would have experience with British racism............but not with racism in the U.S.

Same applies to Black American actors not knowing what British racism is like because they haven't lived it.

Now, granted, racism is universal.

Because if both actors traveled to the others' countries...........they'd definitely have some idea of what the other experienced because they're both black at the end of the day.

Honestly, if I didn't know how hard it is for American black actors already i wouldn't have a problem with any of it.

However, knowing that these foreign black actors are just being used to freeze American black actors out doesn't sit well with me.

Huh
I said brits sound like y'all when they do american accents not the other way around u swiss-dominican twit
That's American popular culture being popular around the world, with them hearing American music,looking at popular American TV shows and American movies,, so they can pick American accents pretty easily.

That's American popular culture being popular around the world, with them hearing American music,looking at popular American TV shows and American movies,, so they can pick American accents pretty easily.
Idk man
I've lived here a pretty long time and I still dont quite sound as american as these brits man.
Maybe it is the media, maybe its the fact that the pilgrims came from there, whatever the connection these fuckers are good

The Black British actors would have experience with British racism............but not with racism in the U.S.

Same applies to Black American actors not knowing what British racism is like because they haven't lived it
My nigga who tf cares
White people gonna white
U really think racism is that different that u can only draw from experiences in ones own country to play a role?
Yow u cats are obstinate af get a passport man

Same applies to Black American actors not knowing what British racism is like because they haven't lived it.

Because if both actors traveled to the others' countries...........they'd definitely have some idea of what the other experienced because they're both black at the end of the day.

Honestly, if I didn't know how hard it is for American black actors already i wouldn't have a problem with any of it.

However, knowing that these foreign black actors are just being used to freeze American black actors out doesn't sit well with me.

You wild out of touch. Sometimes it's what makes you endearing and funny other times it's cringe af. Ijs.

If Storm is played by a transgender then hopefully they make Wolverine his her love interest.
My thing is there are several other female Xmen tho..

How come white people always love to remind us what a small percentage of the population we are when it bolsters their narrative yet black people seem to be over represented when it comes to transexuals in mainstream media??

Seems like an agenda

My nigga who tf cares
White people gonna white
U really think racism is that different that u can only draw from experiences in ones own country to play a role?
Yow u cats are obstinate af get a passport man

I already acknowledged that in my previous post:

Again, I don't really have a problem with the foreign actors being hired.

I only have a problem with them being hired at the expense of american black actors who are just as talented.

I could understand if there was a shortage of qualified black american actors or something..........but there isn't.

Basically, I look at this the same way as these tech companies hiring foreign tech workers with H1B visas and paying them less than what they'd pay american workers.

Storm is the best. Do I think they might be trying to do too much if they are serious about it yes. Maybe trying to ping too many things at once. Black trans superhero fighting evil with a team of white people and like two other minorities that’s doing too much.

Now depending on who is pushing this Storm thing it could still be stereotypical. Viewing the black woman in a position of power as masculine. We have heard that before when they said Michelle was trans. I feel like if they used a trans for Storm it would backfire completely.
Ok, decent answer, you kinda get it

Like I've been telling you for 2 years there's an agenda at work....

I only have a problem with them being hired at the expense of american black actors who are just as talented
It's been pointed out already that both white and black british actors get hired to play americans all the time.

It could be a price thing but idk because idt black americans would ever overprice themselves in hollywood where it's still so difficult for black actors

Idt its at the expense of americans sometimes them fuckers are just better than y'all man.

Halle was the original adult Storm for three movies.
That's a fair amount to call it her role.

And I believe it's a safe bet that it's mostly trans, and/or other gays, advocating for that change.
Especially, in comics, usually, these fans don't play with their heroes like that.
Every studio that's tried to shoehorn diversity into established IP's has been met with backlash.
Often with the final product bombing as a result.

Honestly, black women should have been furious when the idea was first presented as well.
They don't have enough proper representation, so the trans community should not be trying to take their spotlight.

I was watching a discussion panel on youtube last week and a trans woman actually echoed that exact point and said that trans women need to fall back from trying to pressure Black folks, especially Black women, for not immediately giving up room for them when we, especially Black women, are still fighting for room and representation ourselves. Also this is how wild rumors get started. Some people starting a petition dont mean it's actually a widespread thing.

As for the thread itself I can see why she pulled out of the role but I dont think she should've.

Back