Welcome To aBlackWeb

Lets talk about CRISPR and the promising future.

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member
No it is not a dating app

What are genome editing and CRISPR-Cas9?

Genome editing (also called gene editing) is a group of technologies that give scientists the ability to change an organism's DNA. These technologies allow genetic material to be added, removed, or altered at particular locations in the genome. Several approaches to genome editing have been developed. A recent one is known as CRISPR-Cas9, which is short for clustered regularly interspaced short palindromic repeats and CRISPR-associated protein 9. The CRISPR-Cas9 system has generated a lot of excitement in the scientific community because it is faster, cheaper, more accurate, and more efficient than other existing genome editing methods.

CRISPR-Cas9 was adapted from a naturally occurring genome editing system in bacteria. The bacteria capture snippets of DNA from invading viruses and use them to create DNA segments known as CRISPR arrays. The CRISPR arrays allow the bacteria to "remember" the viruses (or closely related ones). If the viruses attack again, the bacteria produce RNA segments from the CRISPR arrays to target the viruses' DNA. The bacteria then use Cas9 or a similar enzyme to cut the DNA apart, which disables the virus.
the rest at: https://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/primer/genomicresearch/genomeediting

CRISPR gene editing creates cocaine-proof mice, aims to crack addiction puzzle.

Gene editing has already given us malaria-resistant mosquitoes and heat-resistant cows. Now, researchers from the University of Chicago may have topped both of those feats with their latest creation: Cocaine-resistant mice. Using the CRISPR-based gene-editing platform to modify the DNA of skin cells, researchers Xiaoyang Wu and Ming Xu have been able not only to create mice that are less likely to seek out cocaine than their counterparts, but are also immune to cocaine overdoses that killed mice without the same CRISPR-edited cells.

the rest at:
https://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/crispr-editing-cocaine-proof-mouse/

These Companies Want to Combine Stem Cells and CRISPR Gene Editing to Treat Diabetes

Some news from the land of CRISPR gene-editing to start off this week: The appropriately named CRISPR Therapeutics—a biotech that, it should be noted, was co-founded by Dr. Emmanuelle Charpentier, one of the pioneers of the genome-tweaking tech that’s at the center of major IP litigation that’s pitted scientific titans against one another—is partnering with San Diego-based ViaCyte in an effort to tackle type 1 diabetes. The initial deal is worth up to $25 million, including $15 million that CRISPR will pay ViaCyte upfront.

Type 1 diabetes is a different beast from the type 2 variety that often soaks up the public health media spotlight. The disorder tends to afflict the young, and it’s caused by a defect in the pancreas which leads to minimal or non-existent insulin production (type 2 diabetes, on the other hand, is associated with insulin resistance and an eventual breakdown in its production—both conditions result in excess blood sugar levels).

The rest at: http://fortune.com/2018/09/17/crispr-gene-editing-diabetes-viacyte/

Crispr Therapeutics AG (CRSP)
https://research.investors.com/stock-quotes/nasdaq-crispr-therapeutics-ag-crsp.htm

something i been researching......its very interesting.
the possibilities are endless just like the reasons to weaponize it.

but lets talk about the positives.

Wish all this shit was done 20+ years ago so we could see the side effects.

Niggas gonna be growing dicks out they ears, titties on they knuckles and shit. Fuck around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish all this shit was done 20+ years ago so we could see the side effects.

Niggas gonna growing dicks out they ears, titties on they knuckles and shit. Fuck around.

I've always said I wish humans would go outside and quit fuckin wit shit

we will be the end of us

Fun Fact: Mighty Mouse got cancelled after doing a line of blow on saturday morning cartoons.

Im suspicious of it of course...

but if that shit can get rid of cancer, dementia and other ailments like that... that has huge implications..

As with alot of new discoveries and tech tho... folks gonna abuse it and use it destructively. Might to more damage than good in the long run

This shit can cure all types of stuff from what I understand and can even rid the world of shit like malaria so I'm all for it.

we will be the end of us

Dawg, these "scientists" are intentionally mutating influenza and other shit to become more resistant to antiviral and antibiotics just because they can, just to see what could happen in a lab.

we will be the end of us

Im suspicious of it of course...

but if that shit can get rid of cancer, dementia and other ailments like that... that has huge implications..

As with alot of new discoveries and tech tho... folks gonna abuse it and use it destructively. Might to more damage than good in the long run

Yea

This scientist said sumn like that bout the possibility of this being a simulated universe

either

a) we discover new technologies that could be detrimental to the world & refuse to see how far it can go

but when has our species ever done That?

b) we discover these new technologies & see how far we can take it, ultimately resulting in our demise

or

c) this is a simulated universe (à la the Sims video games)

Yea

This scientist said sumn like that bout the possibility of this being a simulated universe

either

a) we discover new technologies that could be detrimental to the world & refuse to see how far it can go

but when has our species ever done That?

b) we discover these new technologies & see how far we can take it, ultimately resulting in our demise

or

c) this is a simulated universe (à la the Sims video games)

Or d) one of us is destined to become the god we all seek.

AdolescentSophisticatedHake-max-1mb.gif

Or d) one of us is destined to become the god we all seek.

View attachment 72921

2 steps ahead...
415ZcCi%2BsxL._SX298_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

From_Niggas_to_Gods_Part_One_back_large.jpg

Back