Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Let's Settle This Once And For All (You Can Pick Three Choices)

Who Is The GOAT Hip Hop Group?

• Grandmaster Flash & The Furious 5

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Public Enemy

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • A Tribe Called Quest

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • NWA

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Bone Thugs N Harmony

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Outkast

Votes: 22 52.4%
  • The Roots

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Three Six Mafia

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • UGK

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Wu Tang Clan

Votes: 25 59.5%

• Total voters
I personally don’t count duos as groups but that’s just me.

Tribe, Wu, Roots in that order.

I know who they are...just dont think they are better then anybody on the list, even RUN DMC is a better option.

Seriously, if you listen to Melle Mel's lyrics he can rap circles around Run DMC. He could even rap circles around a lot of the current MCs.

Run DMC had hot beats, but they dumbed down their lyrics and stayed away from socio-political topics.

I liked Run DMC when I was 10 years old, but by the time I was 15/16 KRS One, Chuck D and Rakim were talking about some serious things and Run DMC just seemed like A-B-C rappers.

Seriously, if you listen to Melle Mel's lyrics he can rap circles around Run DMC. He could even rap circles around a lot of the current MCs.

Run DMC had hot beats, but they dumbed down their lyrics and stayed away from socio-political topics.

I liked Run DMC when I was 10 years old, but by the time I was 15/16 KRS One, Chuck D and Rakim were talking about some serious things and Run DMC just seemed like A-B-C rappers.

It's also probably a age thing too, I'm 30 so most those people just werent apart of my childhood/teen years like Bone, Wu, 36, Outkast, UGK, etc. Most people my age wasnt listening to a majority of those artist you named casually.

Last edited:
Back