Welcome To aBlackWeb

Let’s talk about mingling.

I can do it, but it's really a chore. Unless I've been drinking, I'm not a people person. I'd rather sit back and observe the room than engage with people.

I learned a lot this past week. Our Vegas trip was to an investor’s convention, and while my wife is in that industry, I definitely am not. So, I was able to blend in pretty well, and while she was closing deals, I was networking with mangers, VPs of operations, and other people deep in the Finance industry. (S/N: these muhfuckas know how to party, and they get drunk as FUCK.)

I just try to find common ground, and go from there.

I don't. Today there is a long lost cousin from an uncle I never met coming to my mom's house while my uncle( her other bother) is there. My fam so shitty on my momma side I don't wanna meet him or mingle.

Tho when it comes to obtaining a goal, I can turn on the charm..but it’s my super Saiyan and I can only hold that form but for so long.
It’s facts, when I accepted it, and realized that it should be used only to either show that I can for a moment to prove a point, or for a great undertaking. I was able to recognize my base line and save myself the mental energy of when to use my abilities.

Depends on the people and my surroundings. I get a feel for the crowd/room and go from there. Sometimes I'm cool af and buzz around the place. Other times I'm on high alert and give off "cop energy" and I'm not in the mood for mingling.

If I'm mingling, I'm doing something wrong.

I told somebody "Yes", when I should have told their ass "No".

It’s interesting as an introvert the level to which I’ve grown and developed this ability. I’ve been told I seem like I never meet a stranger and stuff like that, but I don’t really understand why. I’m actually pretty reserved. I remember chatting with some folks a few years ago at an event, and I was a bit taken aback by their reaction after they asked me who I was there with and I told them I was there dolo. Like they seemed legitimately surprised. One of the guys thought I was lying. But I was like, uh… what’s the big deal about that? i chalk it as part of the Lord’s work on me and part I guess comes from experience because I most certainly was not always like this…I guess I come off like I have people with me in public places where I’m alone, but nope.…“I rolls dolo from state to state!”

Back