Welcome To aBlackWeb

Let’s talk about mingling.

Yes this is a valuable skill to have. I feel like this comes super easy to me so I don't necessarily understand why some people don't do this well, they present as uncomfortable or just awkward.

Yes this is a valuable skill to have. I feel like this comes super easy to me so I don't necessarily understand why some people don't do this well, they present as uncomfortable or just awkward.
You talking on a board where like %80 dont do this well.

Either they may not like people for whatever reason, or shyness. Mostly introverted people

I'm 50/50 on this. Not really the mingling type...but it depends on the setting.

In the beginning...s/o use to bring me around her peoples. I'd chit chat...but I didn't feel comfortable being around them. I didn't know them like that. So I felt awkward as hell.

One time we was at a spot where she just walked away to party wit her peoples...and left me just sittin by myself. Yeah...I wasn't happy about that. My ex was good for doing that shyt. Bringing me around family I've never met before...then leaving me by myself. Smh.

The thing I live by is this...if I bring you as my guest around people you don't know...then I'm sticking wit you until you feel comfortable enuff to be around them. But to just leave you in a room of people you dunno...that's not cool imo.

Always been an introvert but ever since college, I forced my self to be more social. Now a days, I have no problem going to like a happy hour alone. Did my salsa classes alone. Most times, people pull me into a convo with like small talk and it goes from there.

Like Kendrick Lamar said

I’m an anti-social extrovert. I do pretty well with extracting pertinent information out of folks without giving any on myself. Lmao.

I love people watching and mingling, but not really being attending things at folks domiciles. Lol.

Reluctantly but yeah.
Really depends on the person, the first 3-4 words to come out their mouth and what we're talking about in general.

My span of interest peaks after awhile. If there is a common topic I can pitch in my added value but otherwise I’ll keep quiet.
im definitely antisocial though.

You talking on a board where like %80 dont do this well.

Either they may not like people for whatever reason, or shyness. Mostly introverted people

Thank You. I'm glad I didn't have to point this out. I'm not anti-social I'm just not much of a ppl person.

Back