Welcome To aBlackWeb

Let’s talk about Larry June…

I like Larry June, I don't expect too much lyricism, but I don't need that from his music.. I was a fan of Dom Kennedy too back in the day, so I can see why the comparison, but I don't think he bit Dom.

Larry vocal tone is completely different but I think both his voice and music a bit better than Dom currently tbh. I see no need to compare them though. If you think he sound like Dom you should hear one of homies on the mic. I started checking for Larry music initially just to examine how much he sound like him and the more I heard the more I was in disbelief at the similarities. Lol.
I kid you not Larry is the exact manifestation of my boy style, same voice, same laid back flow same kind of beats, down to his word choices, accent and even inflection…like everything to a T. He just look different. Its kinda hilarious… my boy never released music. Just did a few recordings with people we grew up with in the neighborhood in early 2000’s. I showed him some of his music like, bro LOOK… he is essentially you. It’s the exact same sound, he have all the fans you supposed to have. My boy was low key mad. Lol.
Anyways there’s a lot I haven’t heard, since I don’t listen to rap much these days just every so often, but I’ve only skimmed through a few songs of his. This the first song that started it for me, when first seen this I had to do a double take to make sure it wasn’t my friend rapping on the screen because how similar he sounded it tripped me out :

Last edited:
All these niggas Spitta kids. But Boldy James and Larry June sound more alike with their sleepy nigga flow, tho the content is different.

And Dom is dope. I say better than Larry June. Dom’s charisma puts him over.

Back