Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Legend or Vet: J. Cole

J.Cole: Legend or Vet?

• Legend

• Vet

Results are only viewable after voting.
Lupe is a veteran with at a minimum one classic album, arguably two

Save your tomatoes

If I known Cole was your bat signal, I would've been mentioned him if that was gonna take you off lurker status 🫤
FHD solid, but what makes it not a classic?

Change the minimum to maximum one classic when it comes to Kung Fu Muhammad. It’s all debatable tho.

FHD solid, but what makes it not a classic?

Change the minimum to maximum one classic when it comes to Kung Fu Muhammad. It’s all debatable tho.
Who universally reveres FHD a classic?

Most people will say Food & Liquor, The Cool or Tetsuo and Youth are a classic. One of those albums at a minimum.

FHD is a very solid album. Some filler tracks keep it from being a classic album.

I made a thread a few years ago here asking can a classic album have any skips, if so, what's the max it can have. I'll have to revisit it. Me calling it a solid album isn't a slight to it unlike you going at Lupe. I listened to FHD numerous times to form my opinion and I'm left leaving with that same opinion every time.

I did find it funny that when that album dropped, kids didn't know he was rapping project Pat and thought he made it up

Matter of fact, I'm about to listen to it now

You would think after that fire intro the rest of the album was gonna be on that kinda time but...

Edit: January 28th

I think Cole is a victim of his era…

If Cole did what he’s done this far album/festival/label/influence wise from let’s say ‘92-‘05 he could be talked about as a legend but at the very least a vet in ‘06

I means he’s got more solo hip hop albums than 3K and he’s a……GOAT??

:hahaha:

Most people will say Food & Liquor, The Cool or Tetsuo and Youth are a classic. One of those albums at a minimum.

FHD is a very solid album. Some filler tracks keep it from being a classic album.

I made a thread a few years ago here asking can a classic album have any skips, if so, what's the max it can have. I'll have to revisit it. Me calling it a solid album isn't a slight to it unlike you going at Lupe. I listened to FHD numerous times to form my opinion and I'm left leaving with that same opinion every time.
Bro majority of the streets call that a classic

(One of those times ppl say it and then others run with it, ala Port of Miami, the cool, etc)

I been banging the table saying it’s not for awhile now

I mean I do. It looks like other people from other regions than me do as well. And universally, FHD is a triple platinum, no feature album. I can honestly let it play without hitting ⏭️.

And yep! I’ve been on Wasalu’s neck every since you said Cole had/has nothin better than Double Burger with Cheese. So, it’s gonna be like this…forever.

I mean I do. It looks like other people from other regions than me do as well. And universally, FHD is a triple platinum, no feature album. I can honestly let it play without hitting ⏭️.

And yep! I’ve been on Wasalu’s neck every since you said Cole had/has nothin better than Double Burger with Cheese. So, it’s gonna be like this…forever.
Ma'am you can't have this debate with me after I just listened to a song about a nigga having a wet dream for the first time🫤

Back